Workable is an all-in-one hiring solution that helps you find the right person for every job.
Super Admins have full access to all data and settings in Workable. They are typically responsible for managing how the work of recruiting is done and keeping hiring on budget and on time. Use this guide to learn how to use Workable day-to-day.
This guide will cover:
If your Workable account is brand new, follow the implementation guide for your plan.
Access via: User Icon > Settings
Super Admins control settings for the whole account. Most settings only need to be enabled one time. Settings that are more frequently adjusted include:
- Account Members: Invite members and manage their access to jobs/candidates.
- Templates: Add and edit new templates. Templates are shared across users and be used for offer letters, emails, texts and interview questions.
- Automated Actions: Enable or edit new automations for different jobs or pipeline stages (Growth & Premier plans).
Additionally, the settings are where you'll adjust the recruiting pipeline, connect integrations, edit departments, manage your branding, and design a careers page.
Jobs & requisitions
Access via: Dashboard > Create a new job
Typically, Super Admins create and publish jobs, managing most aspects of the recruiting process.
Follow these steps when creating jobs:
- Write a description
- Build an application form
- Publish and find candidates
- Put together the hiring team
- Customize the workflow with interview questions, assessments and more
Edit, unpublish and re-publish jobs any time. Jobs should be Archived when recruiting is complete.
If you use requisitions through Hiring Plan, you'll need to create one req for each individual hire you make. We recommend creating reqs and jobs in tandem.
Access via: Dashboard > Pipeline Stages, Candidate Database
Candidates start in the Sourced and Applied stages of the pipeline. Click a stage to see candidate profiles. Use the action bar to communicate with the candidate and to add internal feedback.
Within any given stage of the pipeline, the typical actions look like:
- Email the candidate to inform them about the current stage.
- Set up the evaluation method. For example, schedule an interview or send an assessment.
- Have the hiring team add comments and evaluations, reviewing feedback as needed.
- Decide if the candidate should proceed to the next stage. Either move or disqualify them.
Many more features are available and more options are unlocked with Gmail or Outlook integrated.
There's more to discover.
- Our video library provides guidance on getting the most out of Workable.
- Resource Hubs for each plan highlight media and key features.
- Download user guide PDFs for Super Admins and Super Admin with Hiring Plan.
- Implementation Guides help you get set up and activate the most important features.
We also host a weekly webinar and Q&A session (sign up below!) that covers best practices and basics.