Every candidate in Workable has a candidate profile. This is where you can review a candidate's resume and application details. It’s also a place for action; add comments, send emails, invite candidates for interviews, or move them on to the next stage in the pipeline.
How to find candidate profiles
Every job in Workable has its own recruiting pipeline, accessed via the dashboard. You’ll see at a glance how many active candidates are under consideration for each stage in the process:
To review candidates for a specific job, find the job you need on the dashboard and click the correct stage in the pipeline. This will open the pipeline view to show you all the candidates for this job and at this stage. If you’re looking for a specific candidate you could also search your Candidates page, by clicking ‘Candidates’ in the top menu.
The Pipeline view
The pipeline view is divided into three main sections:
Pipeline view header: here you will be able to see:
- The job selector (arrow button) from where you can change the job you are currently viewing
- The edit job button (pencil) navigates you to the job editor
- The stage selector enables you to filter qualified candidates for a specific stage of the recruiting pipeline or see them across all stages (by clicking on the "All" stage)
The add candidates functionality enables users to add candidates to the job via AI recruiter, resume, or manual entry
Candidate list: shows a complete list of candidates for the selected job stage. Here you can:
- Sort candidates to see:
- Newest first/ Oldest first
- Best evaluation rating (if there is at least one evaluated candidate in the stage)
- Best assessment score (if the stage has Workable assessments configured and there is at least one candidate with an assessment score)
- Most relevant (if you searched the candidate list)
- Filter candidates by location
- Use the tabs to switch the view from qualified to disqualified candidates
- Search for information anywhere in the candidate profile (name, skills, tags) or run an advanced/boolean search
- Perform bulk actions
- Sort candidates to see:
- Candidate profile: this is the main part of the page; see the below section for more details
The Candidate profile
The candidate profiles consist of the following parts:
- The toolbar
- The toolbar can be found at the top of every candidate profile on the desktop and at the bottom of the profile in the mobile app. It contains fast access to the actions you want to take next.
❗The visible actions will depend on the member's role in the job and the job stage so they may vary. Also, note that the toolbar adjusts the visible actions to your screen size so check the "More actions" menu to reveal all available actions.
Clicking an action will open an action drawer on the right where the action will be set up and performed.
The most common actions are:
- Email a candidate (+ send emails with a delay)
- Text a candidate (premium tool)
- Schedule an event
- Add a comment
- Evaluate a candidate
- Disqualify a candidate
- Move them on to another stage in the recruiting pipeline
Clicking the More actions menu on the toolbar's left opens a menu to reveal all additional candidate actions like:
- Request e-signature
- Request background check
- Request reference check
- Snooze candidate
- Share candidate
- Print profile
- Copy to job
- Move to job
- Delete candidate
- Edit candidate
If you integrate your Workable account with one or more of the video interview, assessment, or HRIS providers we're partnering with then you may see extra icons in certain stages. These icons will let you send a video interview or assessment to a candidate or export the candidate to your HRIS.
- The candidate
Under the toolbar, you’ll see a panel with some basic candidate details like:
- ‘Headline’; the candidate’s current job title (if provided)
- Phone number (if provided)
- Recent work experience
- Tags (you can add a new tag from the + plus icon next to existing tags)
- Evaluations for the current stage
- Date of the application or profile upload
- Displaying the photo is an option that can be turned on or off under your Privacy settings
- Timeline (split into multiple tabs)
The timeline is a record of all the activities that happen for a candidate in Workable. For better navigation and easier information tracing the full timeline is split into multiple tabs per category:
In the profile tab, you will find:
- All the information provided by the candidate when they applied for the job: work experience, education, skills and matches to any keywords included in your opening
- If you or the candidate uploaded a resume file, you’ll see that displayed here
- Custom fields (if any)
- Contact details; You can include multiple email addresses and phone numbers, but one of each will be listed as the ‘primary’ and will be used when you contact the candidate
- Option to view the LinkedIn Recruiter version of the candidate
- Social profiles
- Candidate answers to application questions
Timeline (all items)
Here, you will find all the activities that happened for the candidates since they entered Workable.
Messages: Emails and text messages with the candidate (also via automated actions) will be listed here. You can adjust their visibility from the arrow menu. Simple e-signature requests will be visible here as well.
- Events: All scheduled events with the candidate will be listed here.
- Evaluations: Here you will see all evaluations submitted for the candidate since the beginning of the hiring process. To limit bias, when a group of users is invited to an event, their evaluations for that event are hidden from each other until they submit their own evaluation. Super & recruiting admins are excluded from this rule.
- Assessments: Your candidate’s assessments will appear here.
- Video Interviews: Your candidate’s video interviews will appear here.
- Reference checks: The candidate's reference check information will appear here.
- Background checks: The candidate's background check information will appear here.
Candidates will never see these comments. They are only for internal use.
- Comments: Comments left for the candidate will be listed here. You can adjust their visibility from the arrow menu.
- External feedback: Candidate feedback left while sharing a candidate externally will appear here.
- Referrals: Any referrals given for this candidate will appear here.
This tab will appear if you have sent or completed an offer e-signature request to the candidate. Offer audit trails will also appear here.
If a file was attached to a comment or email then a Files tab will be displayed. This makes it easy to jump straight to the files you need and means there’s no need to hunt through the candidate timeline. These files could be anything from a candidate's resume to the results of an assignment.
E-signature completion and offer acceptance files will also appear here.
- Candidate overview
On the right, you will see a side panel with important information for a quick scan and instant actions like:
- Latest activities in the profile (comments, messages)
- Other candidacies
- List of followers and actions to follow a candidate or add a follower
The candidate overview will not be visible if there is no content in the overview sections or if your screen is not large enough. To utilize this feature on smaller screens (laptop) we suggest either using an external monitor or collapsing the candidate list on the left side.
In the below example, we can see the next scheduled call we will attend and the latest comments/messages for this candidate.
- Are there any tips for users of smaller screens (such as laptops)?
- Screen space can be utilized efficiently following the below tips:
- While scrolling to view the candidate list or the candidate profile, the pipeline header is hidden but can be made visible again by scrolling to the top. Note: You cannot scroll in the candidate list before the pipeline header is hidden.
- Hide/collapse the candidate list and view profiles in full-screen
- Quickly navigate between candidates using your keyboard's left/right arrow keys.
- Access the candidate list while remaining in full screen. Hover over the collapse button and select another candidate profile without exiting the full screen.
- Why are certain actions missing from the toolbar?
- The toolbar adjusts the visible actions to your screen size e.g. you may notice more actions available on desktop, and fewer on laptop.
Click on the "More actions" menu to reveal all available actions.
- Where can I find candidate answers to the screening application questions?
- Candidate responses to application questions will appear in a separate section at the bottom of the Profile tab.💡 To see answers immediately without scrolling, you can collapse the 'Details' section of the profile by clicking .
- Why are bulk actions not appearing for me?
- If you see the cookie banner it could be covering up the bulk action bar. Once you take any action in the cookie banner, the bulk action bar will become visible at the bottom of the candidates' list.