Sample data allows you to get the most out of your trial by testing Workable features before trying them on your own jobs and candidates. With sample data enabled, you can edit a job description, interact with scheduling and commenting features, practice filtering reports, and more.
Use this guide to learn how to get the most out of your trial while using sample data. This guide will cover:
- Set up your sample data
- Edit the job & application form
- Communicate with candidates
- Evaluate candidates
- Interact with reports
Set up your sample data
Access via: Dashboard > Explore product
A Super Admin can enable sample data by clicking on Explore product in the main dashboard. Once the sample data is loaded, two internal jobs will appear with pre-existing candidates in different stages.
- Sample data must be enabled prior to candidates applying to a published job.
- Sample data must be enabled prior to editing the hiring pipeline.
Edit the job & application form
Access via: Dashboard > Job editor & Application Form
To edit a job, click the three dots to the right of the job title.
- Make your edits or browse and search over 700 job templates
- Toggle fields to be mandatory, optional, or not visible to candidates
- Create application questions under Details. Yes/No questions can be toggled as knock-out questions if the candidates answer No.
- Preview the application form on both mobile and desktop formats
Communicate with candidates
Access via: Candidate profile > Action bar
- Click on a candidate in any stage of the hiring pipeline to see the sample candidates together with some pre-existing activities such as emails, events, Video Interviews, Assessment results, tags and more
- Use the action bar to send an email/text or schedule an interview or phone call. None of the messages or events actually get sent to anybody.
- Use the default templates or learn how to create your own communications templates
Bonus tip: Integrate your Google or Microsoft 365 account (under Settings > Integrations) to customize email subject lines, view team members’ calendar availability, create meeting links, and utilize our self-schedule feature.
Access via: Candidate timeline
Video interviews are available in the phone screen stage of the Director of Finance job. Locate the video icon in the candidate profile.
- Review video interviews
- Leave your own comments and evaluation
- Check out the overall scorecard under the evaluation tab to see what your colleagues thought about the candidate
Assessments measure abstract reasoning, numerical comprehension, verbal comprehension, attention & focus, and workplace personality.
- Review candidate’s assessments in the Assessment stage of the hiring pipeline
- Click more details under each assessment to learn more about how the candidate scored. Check out how to interpret cognitive and personality assessment results.
Interact with reports
Access via: Reporting Center
Sample data reports are static, meaning that if you change any sample candidate data or move sample candidates through the hiring pipeline, the sample data reports will always remain the same.
View over 10 reports including:
- Hiring Velocity: spot which stages take the longest and identify bottlenecks to reduce your time to hire
- Time to hire: quickly view how long it takes from opening the job to hiring someone for it, and how long it takes to hire that person after they applied
- Productivity: easily view what your team has been doing in Workable
- Candidate breakdown: view detailed information about all candidates in your pipelines with the option to customize further the data displayed
Filter reports by location, job, and date. Export sample data reports to share with your team in either a pdf or CSV.
Want to explore more? Download our detailed guide to sample data.