With Workable’s Office 365 Outlook integration you can unlock tools to sync and customize candidate communication.
This means you’ll be able to track all candidate communication on the candidate’s timeline – from comments to emails – giving you a full record of events for reference.
Benefits of the Office 365 Outlook integration
- Customize the subject line for all your emails.
- CC your co-workers in emails to candidates (even if your co-worker isn’t signed up to Workable).
- Reply to emails from candidates via your Outlook inbox. There’s no need to sign-in to Workable, the conversation will still be synced into the candidate’s profile.
- Workable emails will be sent through your Outlook account, appearing under 'sent items' in your inbox
- Import all your existing communication into Workable:
- You can import conversations with candidates which started in Outlook into the candidate’s profile, so that all the information you need is gathered in one place. Just “expand” your candidate’s timeline in Workable and you’ll find the Import button at the bottom. After importing the conversation once, any new messages that follow in the same conversation will be automatically imported.
Setting up the integration
You will need to either have admin access rights in your organization's Office 365 account or admin's credentials to complete the setup.
You can connect Workable to your Outlook email via the Recruiting Preferences section of your Workable account. Click your user icon in the upper right of Workable to access this section.
Scroll down until you come to the ‘Email and calendar integration’ section. The first time you enable Office 365 integration, you will need to authenticate your organization's account. Click on the "authenticate your organization's account" link to get redirected to a login page for Office 365.
An Office 365 admin should proceed with this step. Log in if you have admin access rights or ask an Office 365 admin at your company to do so and approve the connection to Workable.
Note: If the particular Office 365 administrator's account is for any reason deactivated/canceled in Office 365, the integration will get disconnected and the authorization process will have to be followed again.
After this, the integration will be complete! You and any users on your account will be able to take advantage of the scheduling options with Office 365. Please note that this will also enable the integration with Outlook calendar at the same time without any extra steps on your end.
Learn more about the permissions Workable will have in Outlook
Disabling the integration
You can disable the integration at any time by navigating to the Recruiting Preferences section and flipping the Outlook mail switch to OFF. Save the changes and Workable will revert to the basic email option.
You can reenable the switch at any time without needing an Office 365 admin to log in.