If your organization is currently rebranding your company or considering the possibility, use this checklist to ensure your careers page and Workable account and users reflect the changes.
- Update your company profile details (name, subdomain, logo, etc)
- Update your careers page
- Update your templates
- Coordinate user email address updates
- Update your Privacy notice (if you use CCPA/GDPR)
- Auto-join link updates
- Other considerations
Update your company profile details
To update all branding aspects of your Workable account, navigate to the Company profile section. On this page, you can update:
- Your company name; ❗if you have active postings, contact us to make the name change for you
- Your company website
- Your account subdomain*
- Your company logo
- Your company description
- Your social media sharing image (if you previously used one that included your logo)
Notes for subdomain change:
Update your careers page
Open your site editor by navigating to your Careers Page settings. Check all your existing sections for mentions of your previous company name. Hover over each section and click Edit to make changes. You may have to change elements like:
- Your logo under your Header section
- Your company description
- Any text (in paragraph or testimonial sections) mentioning your previous company name
💡Tip: You can invite collaborators to edit and publish changes through the page builder.
Update your templates
Navigate to your Templates section and check your communication, event description and e-signature templates for any direct mentions of your previous company name. If you need to edit a template, hover over its name and click Edit.
For e-signature templates, you may need to upload a new offer or other document with your new company branding. Also, review any attached documents in your communication templates to ensure they reflect your new branding and logo.
💡Tip: We recommend using the [company] placeholder in templates for automatic retrieval of your company name.
Coordinate email address updates for users
Depending on your user count and your email configuration, you have the below options.
Manual email updates
If you have a small number of users, you can easily send a mass communication directing them to update their email addresses, as shown here. On the Account Members page, you can monitor whether all users have transitioned to the new email addresses.
Bulk email migration
If you have a large number of users or you are using Single Sign-on (SSO), contact us to initiate a bulk email migration for your account. As part of the migration, we will send you a CSV file containing the email addresses of all your users. We will then request that you provide us with the mapping.
Note: The new email addresses included in the CSV file should not already be associated with a Workable user.
Update your Privacy Notice
If you use CCPA/GDPR, navigate to the Compliance settings and check what details need update:
Check the link to your online Privacy Notice in case you need to update the link itself or the content of the link.
If you use the Workable Privacy Notice, update your company details related to GDPR e.g. Full legal company name, Privacy contact email, Trade name etc. Once you save your changes, Workable will automatically update your Privacy notice.
If you are using a custom Privacy Notice URL, check the link to your online Privacy Notice in case you need to update the link itself or the content of the link.
Auto-join link updates
Changing your account subdomain and email addresses will result in changes in the auto-join links for your Workable account and Referral portal (if auto-join is enabled).
For your Workable account auto-join:
- Navigate to your Account Members page
- Confirm that the new email domain is the one the system uses for auto-join; if your old domain is still used contact us to add the new domain to the 'allow' list for auto-join
For your Referrals portal auto-join:
- Navigate to your Referrals settings page
- Confirm that the new email domain is the one the system uses for referrals auto-join; if your old domain is still used contact us to add the new domain to the 'allow' list for auto-join
- Copy your new referrals portal link and share it with your colleagues via a mass communication; make sure you update all internal resources or guides including your referrals link
- If you include a company introduction in your job descriptions, make sure you edit your jobs and update your company name.
- Workable will update the application links for all your job postings published on job boards (free and premium). Direct links shared manually won't be updated and visitors will be redirected to an unavailable page.
- If you are posting your jobs on Indeed, they may not approve your new jobs at first if they're coming under a new company name. In this case, you should contact Indeed and inform them of your rebranding, requesting to review your jobs again.
- For active integrations that require your Workable subdomain for the setup:
- If you are using Workable API to fetch or send data in your account, update the subdomain you are pointing to so the API call doesn’t fail.