To schedule an event:
- Access the candidate's profile, then click the calendar icon in the toolbar.
- A scheduling form will appear in the candidate's Timeline
- The type of interview will be set automatically based on the type of pipeline stage. For example, if you're scheduling a phone screening, the event will be a Call. If necessary, change the meeting type by clicking the dropdown menu in the upper left.
- Event types
Virtual via a phone or video call. This is used mostly during the first stages of the hiring process. This could be a first phone screening.
This could be onsite or virtual. A location field will appear in the scheduling form. Workable will use this location to create an event page for the event attendees which includes a map of the local area. You can add or manage your interview locations in the Templates section.
To avoid confusion in case this is virtual, be sure to remove any address information. You can include a meeting room link as the location, write "see description" if desired, or simply use a dash "-" to fill in the field.
This could be onsite or virtual. This option will enable you to send out a calendar invite to coworkers to discuss the candidate, without notifying the candidate in any way.
- Next, arrange the date/time, confirm the timezone, and add attendees.
- Invite other collaborators by clicking the [+] sign in the attendees' field. You can select from members of the hiring team or type in the field to add an attendee by name or email address. To remove yourself, a coworker or a room, hover over the user icon in the attendees' or room field and click the X.
- If you've connected your company's Google or Microsoft 365 Outlook calendar to Workable you'll also be able to reserve rooms and check coworkers' availability through Workable. After adding a coworker or room to the event, hover over their icon to see if they are available. An orange outline indicates that they’re busy. A green outline indicates that they’re available:
- Enter any further details like the event title and description. The event title will be sent to coworkers who are invited to the event, but not the candidate. The candidate will receive an event invite titled "Call for [job title]" or "Interview for [job title]".
When using Workable's Google, Microsoft 365 Outlook, or Zoom integration, you can automatically include a virtual meeting room link to all events. With Gmail, the meeting room link is randomly generated and included on the calendar invitation. With Zoom, the organizer's meeting room link is used and included on the calendar invite.
- Once you’re done, click Send Invitation. This will send your event details to all attendees; yourself, colleagues, and the candidate via email. All parties can RSVP (Yes, Maybe, No) with direct links in the email. When you’ve received the invitation you can add it to the calendar associated with your email account.
On mobile, you can schedule events with or without virtual meeting room links (to include a Google Meet link, Teams Meet link, or Zoom link the related integrations should be enabled).
Account admins can customize and add event description templates by clicking their profile icon in the upper right of Workable and navigating Settings and then to Templates.
If you are a Super or Recruiting admin you can save templates when sending an event to a candidate. Recruiting admins can save templates only for their assigned department(s)/location(s).
All users on your account will be able to send these templates to candidates.
To preview a description with placeholder substitutions, click the preview button (the eye icon) in the toolbar.
Adjusting the event organizer
At the bottom of the interview window, you can set the “organizer” for the event. This is the person that is able to edit the event, add attendees, etc. By default, the person scheduling the event will be set as the organizer but you can remove yourself and add another colleague if desired.
For example, when you schedule interviews on behalf of other colleagues and you set yourself as the organizer, every event you create will block your calendar. To prevent this, remove yourself as an organizer and add someone else.
Important: Only people on the hiring team who have connected their calendar are eligible to be organizers. Changing the organizer can only be done when initially creating the event (not later when editing).
Edit or cancel a scheduled event
To edit or cancel a scheduled event/interview, hover over the event to reveal the pencil and trashcan icon (in the upper right of the event). Hiring managers and above levels can edit or cancel all events. Standard members and External Recruiters can only edit or delete events that they themselves have created.
After editing, the event item will be updated and all event attendees will receive an email with an updated invitation.
After canceling, the event will be deleted from the candidates' timeline and all event attendees will receive a cancelation email.
What the attendees see
This is what attendees will see in their emails when events are booked:
- Can I set a calendar event as private in Workable?
It's not possible to manage the event visibility in Workable, but rather directly on each user's calendar setting.
- Is it possible to attach files to event invitations?
- Workable does not currently offer the option to attach a document to an event or event template when scheduling. You can use email templates to share specific documents with the candidates.