Use this document when first adopting Workable to achieve the best branding and visibility on posts.
The steps included here need only be completed one time. These recommended guidelines are not required to publish posts.
Elevate your recruitment and keep things consistent by updating these branding options under the Settings > Company Profile page. The options on this page impact job board and social media posts, as well as other aspects of the candidate experience.
Confirm your company name
Make sure your company name matches the name you've used in the past if you've posted to sites like Indeed or LinkedIn. For example, if your company page on LinkedIn is "TestCorp" and the company name in Workable is "TestCorp LLC", then LinkedIn may not recognize that this is the same organization which can lead to reduced visibility for the post.
The instructions below also provide more ways to link job board accounts.
Add your company logo
Your uploaded logo will appear on your careers page, application forms, and other communication that candidates receive.
Write a company description
A company description shows candidates what it’s like to work at your business. The best descriptions should:
- Convey the company’s mission
- Share stats (like number of employees or customers, year-over-year revenue growth)
- Characterize the office culture
- Explain the hiring process
Keep it short and informative. This description is shared on some job boards and on candidate communication like the welcome page for video interviews.
Customize the social sharing image
Great employees know great people. Beyond posting to job boards, you and coworkers can share links to Workable jobs as social media posts on LinkedIn, Slack, Twitter, Facebook and more. Upload a custom image to be used with these posts and add a preview description.
If you don't have a company LinkedIn page start by creating one from the LinkedIn setup page.
Connect your LinkedIn company page to Workable to ensure jobs go to the right spot and you receive optimal visibility on posts.
Locate your LinkedIn ID
If you are a LinkedIn admin, the LinkedIn company ID is the number after "/company/" in the admin URL of your LinkedIn page. All LinkedIn users can locate the ID as follows:
- Go to your company’s page on LinkedIn
- Click on # employees
- Copy the number in the URL that appears in quotation marks (in this example "2666416"). This is your Company ID
Add the Company ID to Workable
- As a Super Admin in Workable go to Settings > Integrations
- Locate and click on LinkedIn
- Click Enter Company ID and paste the ID into the field (Tip: To verify that the ID is correct, click 'Open on LinkedIn to test'. You should be directed to your LinkedIn company profile page.)
- Once you are done click Save
Follow these steps to get the best visibility for your posts on Indeed and carry over paid campaigns to Workable. Check our Indeed job posting guide.
Claim your Indeed company page
To claim your company page, you must have an Indeed employer account.
- If you already have an employer account:
- Visit indeed.com/hire/company-pages and search your company name
- Find your Company Page and click on it, then select the Why Join Us tab
- On the right side of the page, click Claim this company page
- Click Claim on the following page. Your claim will be sent to Indeed for verification. If your company page is already claimed, contact Indeed for further assistance.
- If you don't have an employer account yet follow the below steps to create one:
- Visit ads.indeed.com/signup
- Enter your email address
- Click 'Wait, I am an employer' at the bottom of the page
- Enter a password
- Click Create account. You will now be able to claim your company page.
Request that Workable be your primary posting source
Indeed gives preference to posts that are from your “primary source”. Ask for Workable to be your primary source to help ensure visibility on the jobs you’ll publish.
- Log in to your Indeed account and click Need Help? at the top of the page.
- Provide Indeed with the below explanation to help them assist you:
"I recently added a job through my feed via Workable (a comprehensive XML feed with feed ID: 66460) and it's been past the advised amount of time it takes for new jobs to be added to Indeed. I would like to request a ticket submitted to Indeed’s Trust and Safety for a review for the visibility of my jobs. My company name is [company name]. Here is an example of one of my jobs on Workable: [include link from career page]"
It may take 5-7 days for the process to complete.
When you post to Indeed, Workable automatically links your job to your company’s Glassdoor page. Indeed and Glassdoor are part of the same organization and posts should appear on Glassdoor within 48 hours after publishing.
If you do not have a company page, Glassdoor may try to match your jobs to a company with the same name. We recommend creating or confirming a company page and checking after you post that the job appears. Sign up for an employer account on Glassdoor to do this.
To resolve any issues with the attribution of the post, contact Glassdoor.
Workable partners with job boards around the world. Post to our network of boards for free and integrate with specific sites for sponsored/paid posts.
Sponsored posts usually appear more prominently in search results or get you access to a paid-only network.
Visit the Integrations section of your account to see available options including:
- And a lot more…
Also consider adding credit card details for easy checkout when sponsoring posts.
And update your careers page with extra details and info about working at your company. Candidates use careers pages as a resource to learn about your organization and many job boards direct candidates there.