Workable makes your jobs available to Indeed immediately upon being published. Indeed's team then conducts a short review to ensure that jobs meet their guidelines and ultimately determine what is eligible to be advertised on their site. Indeed reads our feed every 6 hours.
If your job is not published on Indeed after 24 hours first confirm that Indeed is available as a free job board for your job's location (if it's not, Indeed will not be visible under free job boards) and that the board is turned on.
To get the best out of your job postings, follow the below best practices and note what to avoid.
Already posting on Indeed
Due to Indeed's 'one-source' policy, they will not accept a job post from Workable if your company has previously posted on Indeed directly. In this case:
- You need to contact their team and ask them to make Workable your primary posting source on their platform. By doing that you will ensure that your posts will not be marked as duplicates and lose visibility.
- In the meantime, for your current postings, you can update the Apply URL for those posts so that candidates are directed to Workable. To do so:
- Log in to your Indeed account and click Need Help? at the top of the page.
- Ask that the Apply URL feature be enabled for your account.
- Once enabled edit jobs with a campaign on Indeed.
- Under Application Settings locate the “Where should job seekers be sent to apply for this job?” field.
- Insert the Workable shortlink for the job. To generate a shortlink you must publish the same job in Workable.
- When Indeed confirms that Workable is your primary posting source you should unpublish all direct postings and post only via Workable from now on.
Not posting on Indeed yet
- Claim your Indeed company page
If you are using a free company page instead of an employer account follow these steps:
- Visit indeed.com/hire/company-pages and search your company name
- Find your Company Page and click on it, then select the Why Join Us tab
- On the right side of the page, click Claim this company page
- Click Claim on the following page. Your claim will be sent to Indeed for verification.
- Ensure you comply with their standards
It is very important when you create your job post to follow Indeed's job posting standards.
Note: All recruitment-based/staffing companies or entities in the United States and Canada are required to sponsor their jobs in order to receive visibility.
- Optimise your job description and title
You can also rely on premade templates for your job description and requirements and edit them as needed.
- Include a full location
Most of the free job boards, including Indeed, require a full location to publish your jobs.
- Review the fully remote box
Fully remote positions are not always eligible for free visibility. If your job is temporarily remote or you offer work-from-home flexibility, untick the fully remote box and include specific phrases in your job description pointing that.
- Use the exact same company name in Workable and Indeed
This will ensure the quick and correct mapping of your jobs.
How do I contact Indeed?
As they only help employers directly, if you have an Indeed account, the best way to contact Indeed would be via your dedicated representative. Alternatively, you can use their form here or log in to your Indeed account and click "Need Help?" at the top of the page. For visibility requests please provide this explanation to help them assist you promptly:
“I am a client of Workable, an Integrated ATS with Indeed, and my jobs are included in their comprehensive XML feed under the company [enter your Workable company name]. I would like Workable to be my primary posting source. I need a CS rep to review my jobs to determine if they are suitable for organic visibility per Indeed’s Quality Standards.“