Congratulations on your new hire! Now that you’ve made a great addition to your team, it’s time to navigate the post-hire process seamlessly. In this guide, we’ll walk you through essential steps to ensure a smooth transition from the hiring process to onboarding, all while utilizing your Workable features.
Communicate with the new hire
It's crucial to keep the lines of communication open with the new employee. Reach out to new hires and provide them with information regarding the onboarding process, as well as their start date, time, and location of attendance at your offices, if applicable.
You can even create an email template with the basic information you need to include in your email to new hires. Before sending out any information, you have the opportunity to customize the details for each individual hired candidate.
Archive your job
If you're completely done with the hiring process for that job and no longer need to manage candidates or communicate with them, archiving the position will definitely be helpful in keeping things manageable for everyone.
If you still have things to do, then we would recommend making the job internal instead if you haven't already. This way, it will no longer be visible publicly, but you will still be able to take action on the candidates you have, unlike with archived jobs.
Which option you choose will depend on your hiring process, but generally speaking, archiving jobs when you're done with hiring is the typical step to take. You can always unarchive the job later on if needed as well.
👉 Check the different job statuses
Import hired candidates in the People Directory
- Ensure that Employee onboarding and management features are enabled for your account.
- Configure your employee onboarding and management settings (Step 1 in this guide).
- Ensure that you have moved the candidate to the Hired stage of your pipeline.
Add newly hired candidates to your People Directory by importing their hiring profiles. To do so:
- Navigate to the Company tab of the main menu.
- In the People Directory, newly hired candidates will appear at the top of the page.
- To create a draft employee profile, click 'View New Hires' and select each candidate.
- Add all the details you know at this point and then click Save as draft and exit
Did you know?
When importing a hired candidate as an employee:
- You can automatically transfer data (like custom, offer, and requisition fields) between their profiles by mapping employee profile fields with candidate profile fields.
- Offer letters, as well as any other documents the candidates signed, will be moved automatically to the Files tab (under Uploads) of their employee profile.
Onboard hired candidates
As part of the onboarding process, there may be various forms and documents that need to be completed and/or signed by internal stakeholders and/or the employee. Workable provides a streamlined process for managing and tracking these documents, ensuring that all necessary paperwork is completed efficiently before the start date of the employee.
All draft employees (with a start date after two days or later from today’s date) will appear under the Onboarding dashboard and Pending tab, ready to start their onboarding journey.
Through onboarding, you can:
- Set up a welcome message your new employees will see when they first arrive on your onboarding website
- Prompt your employees to complete the necessary fields under their employee profile; ❗these fields should be set as editable by the employee
- Include forms for completion or documents for signature
Did you know?
Invite new hires to Workable
To ensure the new hire can hit the ground running, it's important to invite them to Workable. Once a new employee joins your Workable account, they will be able to:
- Access and edit their employee profile (based on the view/edit rights under your field settings)
- View employee directory and org chart
- Complete/sign documents during employment
- View company files
Did you know?
We will prompt you to invite the employee once you publish their employee profile to save time.
💡Ready for a step up? Explore our time off management features.