Add tags to filter and identify promising candidates with a particular skill set easily. Tags are searchable and can help you quickly understand a candidate's qualifications for a job. Candidates won't be able to see tags.
Adding tags to a candidate
To tag a candidate:
- Click + add tag at the top of their profile
- Type in the keyword or phrase you want to add
- Hit enter to save it
You might want to add tags based on skills, experience level, or software knowledge. For example, we can tag someone with: #digital #product_manager #5years #salesforce
You can also add a tag when you leave a comment. While adding your comment, type the hashtag symbol '#' and then the tag that you'd like to add. Save the comment, and the tag will be added automatically.
Add tags in bulk
To add one or more tags to multiple candidates at once:
- Select all candidates or the checkboxes next to individual's names
- Click in the bulk action toolbar that will appear at the bottom of the page
Filtering candidates using tags
Tags are visible to all members of the hiring team. If you and your team add tags consistently, you can quickly search for and filter candidates based on hashtags on the Candidates page and Pipeline View.
If you are viewing a pipeline stage, you can search by tags in the list of candidates on the left side of the screen.
To delete a saved hashtag, you need to remove it from the timelines of all candidates it was used for. The best way to do this is by using the Candidates page. You can select the tag from the filtering option to generate a list of all the candidates.
Then, you can open each timeline and delete the tag using the X button for each tag. If the manual removal of tags is not possible (for example, due to a large amount of data), contact us for assistance.
Reporting on tags
- Is there a character limit on tags?
Yes, the character limit is 25 characters.
- Can we create auto-tagging based on specific terms?
- Workable can provide custom auto-tagging at the point of application based on the terms you want to tag candidates with. This customization is available only for our Premier plans and carries an additional cost; contact your Account Manager for more details.