Candidate ratings/evaluations are a critical aspect of the hiring process. They help recruiters and hiring managers collect feedback from interviewers and make data-driven decisions.
To evaluate a candidate or fill out an interview scorecard, locate the candidate's profile in Workable or search for them by name. Click the thumbs up/down button to submit an evaluation. Each member of the hiring team can leave one evaluation for the candidate per stage.
Basic evaluation mode
Clicking the evaluation button will open by default the basic evaluation form on the candidate's Timeline:
- Rate the candidate with a star, thumbs up, or thumbs down rating, depending on how interested you are in moving the candidate to the next stage in the pipeline
- Add in a comment (mandatory field) providing additional details as to why this candidate is or isn't a good fit for the job
- Click Add evaluation
Scorecard evaluation mode
If an interview kit/scorecard has been created for the current stage, it will appear when you click the evaluation button. You can also access scorecards for upcoming interviews by navigating to your Agenda; just click the calendar icon in the black toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Rate the candidate for each skill/question or skip topics you weren't able to get to
- Hover over and click on a topic or question to add notes for that part of the interview
- At the end, include an overall rating and comment (mandatory field) providing additional details as to why this candidate is or isn't a good fit for the job
- Click Add evaluation
You can switch evaluation modes by clicking the link at the top of the evaluation window.
Evaluations are shown on the candidate’s timeline, but are also accessible via the Evaluation tab for a more focused view. All Workable users who have access to the job (except External recruiters) can see each others' evaluations.
To limit bias, if you are invited to an event, you will not be able to see your colleagues’ evaluations until you submit your own. Super & recruiting admins are excluded from this rule. Check more here.
Editing or deleting an evaluation
You can edit or delete only evaluations that have been submitted by you. Hover over the evaluation on the candidate's timeline and click the pen icon or the trash bin to do so. Please note that you are not able to delete evaluations submitted by other members of the account.