After adding a video interview to a pipeline stage, send a video interview request to candidates in that stage by clicking the video icon at the top of their profile. Alternatively, use our automated actions feature, to trigger an invitation when a user moves a candidate to a stage that contains a Workable Video interview test.
An email form will appear. Customize the message as needed or select an email template.
Note: Saved email templates are only selectable if they have been saved including the "video interview link" placeholder.
The placeholder can be added when editing in the Templates section by clicking the + icon.
- Video interview link: Required. This is what candidates click on to go to your landing page and start the interview. After adding it to the email, click on the green placeholder to change the text that will appear. By default, the linked text will be "video interview link".
- Video interview info: Optional. This shows the number of questions and estimated time needed to complete. Candidates will see this info on the landing page regardless of its inclusion in the email.
- Due date: Optional. This shows the due date and time. After adding, click on the green placeholder to edit the due date for the specific candidate you're contacting. Candidates will see the due date on the landing page regardless of its inclusion in the email.
Click the eye icon in the toolbar to preview the email before sending.
A note with the due date will be added to the candidate’s Timeline. The candidate will have until the deadline expires to submit their video interview. To make adjustments to the deadline click on the Timeline entry to edit it.
By default, the deadline is based on the sender's timezone. If the sender is in the UK the deadline will expire on the given day at 11:59 PM, UK time.
Important: If the deadline passes without the candidate submitting a response you can send the video interview to them again. Candidates are notified automatically by email when there is 1 day remaining to meet the deadline.
The candidate's timeline will update to show when the candidate has visited the landed page and when the candidates starts the interview.
When the candidate completes a video interview and the results are returned you will:
- Receive an email notification with a link to view the interview on the candidate’s Timeline
- View the video replies and evaluate each question separately before writing an overall evaluation for the candidate’s video submission
If you uploaded any of your own videos as questions for the candidate you can watch the 'question video' by clicking the camera icon that appears above the candidate's recorded answer.