Note: For inquiries related to the status of your referrals, you need to speak with your dedicated point of contact within your organization.
Choose where to refer
In the Referrals portal:
- Sign in to the Referrals portal to access the job referral dashboard
- Search, filter, or scroll to find a job for which you'd like to refer someone.
- Click Refer to get started.
In your Workable account (if you have access):
If you are a member of your company's main Workable account, you can initiate the process directly from the main dashboard.
For a specific job:
First, locate the job for which you'd like to refer someone on the main dashboard.
- If you have access to the job you will be able to see the hiring pipeline stage (like "Sourced" and "Applied"). Click the three dots to the right and select Refer candidates.
- If all you can see is the job's title, hover over it and then click the option More actions > Refer candidates.
In both cases, you will be redirected to your company's referral portal to complete the referral submission.
For Talent pool:
If your organization is using Talent pool for speculative applications you can refer a candidate without referring them to a specific job. To do so:
- Locate the Talent pool at the bottom of your main dashboard
- Hover over it and then click Refer candidates
- You will be redirected to People Search to find the profile online. Search for the person you want to refer by name or email to easily add them to the Talent Pool.
Choose how to refer
There are two ways to submit a referral:
- Upload a resume or candidate details manually
- Search for the candidate by email address or a social media link
1. Upload a resume or candidate details manually
Add the details manually or import the resume of the person and we will auto-fill their details.
Important: While the resume upload is not mandatory when submitting a referral, this will ensure that the hiring team has all the needed information about the referred candidate.
2. Find the profile online (by link or email address)
Note: If you choose this referral option you will not be able to upload a resume file or manually adjust candidate details.
This search is executed on People Search but it doesn't consume any of your profile views. If the system finds a profile matching the details you entered, it will be displayed for you to confirm it's correct and continue.
When sharing a link (i.e. a LinkedIn URL) we don’t scrape the profile. Instead, we search with the URL in our data providers. If we cannot find enough info to create a profile you will be notified to try searching by email address or enter the details manually.
⚠️ To ensure useful data, we don't display the profile in case we can't find one of the following: photo, last work experience, and name. In this case, you will receive this message:
As a backup solution, the candidate details can be added manually.
Answer the questions and submit your referral
After the details are entered or the candidate is selected from a search, you'll be prompted to answer a few basic questions about the candidate.
If you select "Yes" for "Do they know they are being referred?" then the person being referred will automatically receive a notification email letting them know about the referral. The email contains your name, the job title, the company name, and the location. The email won't be sent if the candidate you want to refer is already in the pipeline for this job.
If you select "No" then the candidate is not notified automatically.
Click Submit Referral and the candidate will be sent to the hiring team review, along with all of your notes.