Want to try out a feature and explore the candidate experience before using it with actual candidates? Learn the best methods to privately experiment with the tools in Workable and preview what the candidates will see on their end.
Most features offer a preview option. For example, you'll be able to review application forms, offer letters, video interviews, and more before sending anything to a candidate. Additionally, Workable will always make it clear when you are about to send something off to a candidate or make a job public.
To test a feature if you don't have any candidates or aren't ready to publish a job, check out these tips.
There's a lot to see, but we recommend trying out the following:
- Job setup process
- Email & scheduling
- Offer letters & e-signature documents
- Evaluations & interview kits
Did you know?
Create an internal job
You can set up a job without ever making it public. Internal jobs are used to source, refer or upload candidates before publishing.
- Click the Create a new job button on the main dashboard to start
- Explore the tabs to build the job and workflow
- When you're ready, instead of clicking the Publish button, select the dropdown arrow just to the right of it and pick Use Internally
The job will be activated and will appear on the main dashboard where you can upload candidates and try out more features. Edit the internal job any time by clicking the three dots on the main dashboard.
Upload yourself as a candidate
Next, you'll want to add yourself as a test candidate.
- From the main dashboard click on the Applied stage for the job
- Select Add candidates in the upper right
- Choose Enter details manually
Apart from your first and last name we recommend including your own email address too, so you can get the most out of your tests with the Workable features.
Move the test candidate through the pipeline, schedule events, send emails or offers, and try out all the feedback and interaction options. Integrating your Gmail or Office 365 Outlook account enables extra features like self-scheduled and multi-part events.
Data clean up
When you're done trying things out, simply delete the job or the test candidate. Deleting the job will also delete any candidates added to that job.
This will remove all records and reporting from your account, so there's no need to worry about any tests impacting your reports and KPIs.
- To delete the job, open the Job Editor by clicking on the three dots to the right of the job on the main dashboard. Locate the Archive button at the bottom and click the dropdown arrow. You'll find an option to delete the job. This will also delete any candidates in the job.
- To just delete the candidate, open their profile, select the three dots and choose the option to delete.