Using Microsoft's Graph API, Workable integrates your Microsoft 365 email and/or calendar to unlock tools to sync and customize candidate communication and events.
Benefits of the Office 365 Outlook integration
- Customize the subject line for all your emails.
- CC your co-workers in emails to candidates (even if your co-worker isn’t signed up to Workable).
- Reply to emails from candidates via your Outlook inbox. There’s no need to sign-in to Workable, the conversation will still be synced into the candidate’s profile.
- Workable emails will be sent through your Outlook account, appearing under 'sent items' in your inbox
- Import all your existing communication into Workable:
- You can import conversations with candidates which started in Outlook into the candidate’s profile, so that all the information you need is gathered in one place. Just “expand” your candidate’s timeline in Workable and you’ll find the Import button at the bottom. After importing the conversation once, any new messages that follow in the same conversation will be automatically imported.
- Check availability of co-workers and rooms - seeing the same details you would as if scheduling directly in Outlook
- Include Microsoft Teams meeting room links on events
- Invite Workable users who are not on the hiring team to events
- Add co-workers who are not Workable users to events
- Customize the event title
- Add a custom description to the event
- After scheduling events in Workable, you can update them directly in Outlook and the changes will sync back to Workable
- Use self-scheduling
Setting up the integration
Activate this integration for your account via the Settings > Integrations page of your Workable.
Locate the ‘Email and calendar integration’ section.
- Activate the switch and click Connect
- A pop up window will appear, prompting you to sign in to Microsoft 365
- Review the permissions and select the checkbox to "Consent on behalf of your organization"
- Confirm the connection
- If desired, repeat these steps so that email and calendar are both activated
Depending on your organization's 365 settings, admin approval may be required to complete this process. You'll be informed during the setup if admin approval is needed.
- On the Settings > Integrations page in Workable, an option will appear under the 365 integration that prompts you to generate an approval link
- This link should be sent to the administrator of your Microsoft 365 account (usually an IT person at your company)
- When the 365 admin accesses this like they will be prompted to review the permissions that Workable has requested and approve the connection
You'll now be able to successful complete the setup steps above.
Connecting individuals' accounts
With the account connection enabled, when Workable users try to email or schedule with a candidate, they’ll be prompted to authenticate their own 365 account.
Users must complete this process to use emails and events themselves. They'll simply need to click the button that appears, sign in to Microsoft 365 and confirm the authentication.
Disabling the integration
You can disable the integration for your entire account at any time by navigating to the Integrations section and flipping the Outlook mail switch to OFF. Save the changes and Workable will revert to the basic email option.
You can reenable the switch at any time without needing an Office 365 admin to log in.