Each job you create in Workable will have a unique job mailbox email address. The job mailbox address is located in the Find Candidates section of the job editor.
When a file attachment is emailed to this mailbox, the file is parsed as a resume and a candidate profile is added to the Sourced stage.
Sending resumes to the mailbox
Simply write an email and attach at least one resume file. Send the email to the job mailbox address and Workable will parse any attached files as individual resumes, adding candidates to the Sourced stage.
- Members of your account must send resumes from the address they use to sign in to Workable.
- External recruiters can send resumes to the mailbox but will need to be assigned to the job and you must share the mailbox address with them directly since they cannot access it in Workable.
- Candidates can only send their own resume to the mailbox if the job has the Published status.
Workable users receive a confirmation email, which will highlight any errors.
How resumes are parsed
- Workable will parse the attached file(s) and add the candidate to the Sourced step for that job. The sender will only be credited as the uploader/source if they are external recruiters. Internal team members won't show as the source by default. Learn more here.
- Any text that is included in the body of the email will be added as a comment on the candidate's profile.
- If multiple files are attached, each one is considered to be a single resume. As a result, we do not advise attaching any other types of documents.