The job description has to comply with the job board posting guidelines in order to get the best results and visibility from the job boards.
- Use common job titles
- Advertise one job at a time, eg: ‘Nurse’, not ‘nurses’
- Include at least 700 characters
- Use formatting like bold headings and lists to make the text easier to read
- Avoid discriminatory language:
- Yes: students, native-level, they
- No: college students, native, he or she
- Add details like salary or location to the job title
- Include words like ‘career fairs’ or ‘help wanted'
- Add a link to apply (one is added automatically)
- Describe more than one job, even if there is more than one opening
AI-generated job descriptions
If you're unsure where to start, try creating an AI-generated job description. You have the option to select the tone of voice (friendly/formal) to suit your needs. The generated text is still editable.
Job description templates
Access 1000+ job description templates here.