The job description has to comply with the job board posting guidelines in order to get the best results and visibility from the job boards.
- Use common job titles
- Advertise one job at a time, eg: ‘Nurse’, not ‘nurses’
- Include at least 700 characters
- Use formatting like bold headings and lists to make the text easier to read
- Avoid discriminatory language:
- Yes: students, native-level, they
- No: college students, native, he or she
- Add details like salary or location to the job title
- Include words like ‘career fairs’ or ‘help wanted'
- Add a link to apply (one is added automatically)
- Describe more than one job, even if there is more than one opening
AI-generated job descriptions
If you're unsure where to start, try creating an AI-generated job description. The generated text is still editable. When you generate with AI, we look for similar jobs you’ve created in the past and use the data to create content that’s impactful, accurate, and personalized to your company.
Once your job description is generated, you can regenerate, selecting the tone of voice (formal/friendly/engaging) to suit your needs. You can also revert to previous versions of the description or clear all sections.
Job description templates
Access 1000+ job description templates here.