Best for: Payroll, HR & tax services, other employee administration services
Features: Export of Hired candidates' information, extra custom fields
Support: Website, 1-844-227-5237
ADP is a global provider of cloud-based human capital management (HCM) solutions that unite HR, payroll, talent, time, tax and benefits administration.
When Workable and ADP Workforce Now are connected, candidates that are hired through Workable can have their details automatically exported to ADP as "In-progress hires". This means you won't have to manually transfer or fill out info that was already recorded during the hiring process.
The following fields are automatically sent to ADP when a hired candidate is exported.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Job title (if there is a match between the title in Workable and a title in ADP)
- Start Date
- Gender (with EEO enabled)
- Ethnicity (with EEO enabled)
- Race (with EEO enabled)
Looking to export more info?
Contact your account manager for assistance mapping other Workable data into ADP.
Setting up the integration
To connect Workable and ADP Workforce Now:
- Sign in to Workable and navigate to Integrations
- Locate ADP in the list of integrations, click on it, then click the button to go to the ADP marketplace
- You'll be directed to the page for the Workable Connector for ADP Workforce Now app
- Click Buy Now
- Choose an edition based on your company's size
- Continue through the process and enter your Workable subdomain. The subdomain will be pre-filled if you are logged in to Workable. The subdomain is the part of the URL you see when signed into Workable. If the URL is companyname.workable.com then "companyname" is the subdomain
- Continue and fill in your billing info
- Review and place the order
- Workable uses ADP's "Applicant Onboard" template. Check that this template has been created in ADP Workforce Now. Explicit instructions for finding (and if needed, creating) this template can be found here
- Finally, go to the Integrations section in Workable, locate ADP in the list of integrations and click Authorise Workable:
By default, candidates will automatically be exported to ADP when they are moved to the Hired stage in Workable.
Optional: In the Workable Integrations section select ADP and the option to manually or automatically export candidates will appear.
Turn the switch off and click Update Settings to export candidates manually. With auto-export disabled, a new button will appear on candidate profiles that are in the Hired stage. Click the button to export hired candidates manually.
Finding an exported candidate in ADP
When a candidate has been exported you'll find their details in ADP under "In-progress Hires".
In ADP navigate to Process -> HR -> Hire/Rehire -> In-progress Hires. Candidates will appear in the list there and the template for filling in their details will be "Applicant Onboard". Click on a candidate's name to review and fill in details about their employment, pay, time and attendance, and more.