With the Workable Video Interview Premium Feature, add one-way video interviews to pipeline stages for a job. Send video interviews with the click of a button and receive candidates’ video responses on the candidate's timeline.
Create a video interview
In the job editor:
- Navigate to the Workflow tab
- Select the stage of the pipeline where you would like to add the video interview. The stage type must be a “Phone Screen” or “Interview”.
- Click on Add video interview
- Under the Workable Video Interviews option, create a new interview, import interview from another job/stage, or start with an AI-generated interview.
AI-generated interviews are a great option if you're just getting started with Video Interviews or are looking for extra inspiration. We'll select the best Welcome, Job-Specific, Culture Fit, and Closing questions based on your job and automatically add them to the interview. You'll still have a chance to review and edit if needed. Using our professionally created questions saves you time and helps ensure a great candidate experience.
- Set a welcome and epilogue title. The welcome title is used as the subject line when the video interview is sent to a candidate, and as the title of the landing page the candidate sees before starting the interview. The epilogue title is what the candidate will see when completing the video interview.
- Set a due date. When the due date passes, the candidate will no longer be able to submit their interview. The due date can be extended later or ‘resent’ once the deadline has passed.
- Write a short welcome note which the candidate will see on the landing page before starting the interview.
Did you know?
You can embed your welcome video for candidates to watch before they start their interview. Click the camera icon to include a video. You can embed a YouTube/Vimeo link or upload the video file directly. Uploaded videos must be smaller than 50 MB and in mp4 or webM format.
Configure Topics & Questions
If you selected an AI-generated interview, topics and questions will be added for you automatically with the option to review and edit if needed.
To add your own questions for the candidate to answer:
- Click Create new topic. Topics are groups of questions that the candidate will answer. Topics should be descriptive. This will help the candidate prepare and do their best. For example, one topic could be used for “Welcome” or icebreaker questions. Another for Job-specific questions about the candidate’s resume, career goals, or culture fit.
- Click Add new question to type your question manually or choose import questions from library to select other relevant questions from our database, which you can further customize if needed.
You can record or upload your own video along with each question. The video could demonstrate a scenario for the candidate to respond to. It could even simply be a person asking the question. When recording your video, do multiple takes and choose the best one. Make sure you're in a quiet, well-lit spot.
For each question, specify:
- Think time: If set to 1 minute, the candidate will have 1 minute to read the question and collect their thoughts. The video recording will begin automatically after 1 minute. If you include your own video with the question, the candidate will have the duration of the video plus the extra time you give them with this setting.
- Time to answer: The candidate will see how much time they have, and the recording will end automatically when the time expires (or if the candidate chooses to end early).
- Number of takes: The candidate can choose their best response and submit only that response. If set to 3 takes, the candidate can record an answer up to 3 times and select one of those 3 recordings to submit officially. Multiple takes are not allowed if there is a ‘thinking time’ restriction set.
Finally, specify the question Visibility settings for the interview by choosing what candidates should see before they start their video interview: topics & questions, topics only, or nothing. If you allow the candidate to see “topics & questions” they will only see questions for which there is unlimited think time.
Save & Preview
Click Save & Preview at the top of the page to see the video interview from the candidate's perspective and ensure your interview is set up as expected.
Once you save your form and settings, an option to send the video interview will appear when viewing a candidate in the selected stage.