Important: When your LinkedIn ID is not added the jobs are sent as “orphan” posts and LinkedIn tries to link them to the correct company. As a result, sometimes jobs end up in the wrong company. Follow the process below to prevent such issues.
Connect your LinkedIn Company Page to Workable for greater candidate engagement. After performing this one-time setup, published Workable jobs will be automatically added to your LinkedIn Company Page 'Jobs’ tab.
If you don't have a company LinkedIn page start by creating one. Once this is done, you'll need to collect your Company ID and then enter it in Workable.
Create a company LinkedIn page
(If you already hold a company LinkedIn page you can skip this step and move on to the next section.)
To create a company LinkedIn page:
- Visit the LinkedIn setup page
- Select Company from the page type options
- Fill in all the needed company details and then click on 'Create page'.
Now you are ready to connect this company page with Workable.
Locate your LinkedIn Company ID
LinkedIn admin users:
To find your LinkedIn company ID as a LinkedIn Page Admin, navigate to the Admin View of your LinkedIn Page. The LinkedIn company ID is the number after "/company/" in the URL.
For example, if the admin URL for the LinkedIn Page is https://www.linkedin.com/company/2666416/admin/, the company ID is 2666416.
All LinkedIn users:
- Sign in to LinkedIn and search for your company
- On your LinkedIn company page, locate the "See all X employees on LinkedIn" link which shows the number of employees and click on it
- In the view of all employees, the Company ID is the number that appears in quotation marks (in this example 2666416).
- Important: Take care to only copy the number in quotes. You can do this by double-clicking the number in the URL or manually typing the number out.
Add the Company ID to Workable
Paste the Company ID into the field when prompted during job publication from the Find Candidates section:
To verify that the ID is correct, click 'Open on LinkedIn to test'. You should be directed to your LinkedIn company profile page.
Alternatively, you can enter the company ID from the Integrations page (or edit the ID anytime):
- Click your user icon in the upper right and select Settings > Integrations
- Locate LinkedIn in the list of Integrations and click on it
- Click Enter Company ID and paste the ID into the field
- Once you are done click Save
That's it! Jobs that are published through Workable will automatically be attached to your Company Page (under the 'Jobs' section).
Note: If your LinkedIn ID is attached to another account (probably an old inactive one) the system will generate the error "This LinkedIn Company Id has already been taken". Contact us to release the ID number.
For more information, you may also check the related LinkedIn support article.