As candidates progress through the hiring process your hiring team may begin to discuss confidential or private information (e.g. salary) that certain members of the hiring team should not see. Set a Confidential Zone in your hiring pipeline to ensure that these conversations are kept private.
When a candidate enters a stage where the Confidential Zone is enabled:
- Emails and internal comments will default to a more restricted visibility.
- Scorecards/evaluations won't be affected by the confidential zone. Learn more here.
Determining the Confidential Zone
- As an Admin user navigate to Settings > Workflow
- At the top of the page, you will see your hiring pipeline. If you have multiple pipelines you will set the confidential zone on the Reporting pipeline which will be applied to each stage that maps to the reporting pipeline stages.
- Just beneath the pipeline stages, you will see padlock icons. This represents the Confidential Zone. Click a padlock icon to add that stage and all following stages to the Confidential Zone.
The Confidential Zone normally starts from the very end of the pipeline and cannot have any gaps. Stages included in the Confidential Zone are marked with a red lock icon.
Impact on stages
All users on the hiring team can still see and interact with candidates who are in the Confidential Zone. However, the default visibility for comments and emails added in these stages will be automatically restricted based on the user's role.
Hiring Managers, Super Admins, Recruiting Admins
- Comments and emails from these users will only be visible to these user roles.
- Comments and emails from Standard Members will be visible to Standard Members and the above groups of users.
- Comments from Reviewers will be visible to all user types above.
- Comments and emails from External Recruiters will be visible to Hiring Managers, Super Admins and Recruiting Admins.
In the example below the comment visibility has defaulted to "Visible to Hiring Managers" because a Hiring Manager is leaving a comment. The visibility of individual emails/comments can still be adjusted manually to make the comment (or email) visible to more users if necessary.
Does the confidential zone affect previously sent communication?
No, it doesn't. When a member continues responding on a thread that was created in a stage outside of the confidential zone, the visibility of the thread takes precedence and won't be restricted. The confidential zone affects new emails or comments created once the candidate entered the confidential zone.