Apply Connect includes several features that make the application process easy for candidates and keep them updated on their application status. The features included are:
- LinkedIn Apply (formerly Easy Apply): Candidates can quickly apply with their LinkedIn profile when on LinkedIn. The candidate's application will appear in Workable for review and follow-up.
- Applicant notifications (for Recruiter customers only): You can choose to have automatic notifications sent to the candidates via LinkedIn. LinkedIn will email candidates when their Workable profile is viewed, disqualified, or downloaded.
- LinkedIn widget in Workable with the candidate's enriched LinkedIn profile (for Recruiter customers only)
Setting up Apply Connect features
LinkedIn Apply (formerly Easy Apply)
The LinkedIn Apply settings are under Integrations > Apps > LinkedIn settings.
When LinkedIn Apply is enabled, it will be on for all future jobs by default. Likewise, if you disable LinkedIn Apply via the LinkedIn settings, it won't be enabled for future jobs but will remain active for any existing jobs.
🔒To enable Apply Connect, you will need to have a full Recruiter account like: Recruiter Professional Services - RPS (for staffing firms) and Recruiter Corporate (for corporate companies). Not available for Recruiter Lite accounts.
- In Workable, navigate to Settings > Integrations > Apps
- Locate LinkedIn in the Job Boards section and click on it
- Click Manage Integrations under the 'Additional Integrations from LinkedIn' section
- Click the 'Choose integrations' and then select Apply Connect
- Click Save changes to confirm integration activation
If you've enabled 'Applicant notifications', LinkedIn will send emails when the following actions occur:
- The first time an action occurs on the candidate's profile in Workable, e.g. moving the candidate, commenting internally, etc.
Three days elapsed after the candidate's disqualification; below you can find an example of such a notification
The candidate's resume file has been downloaded from the resume viewer
Remember that automated actions you've set up in Workable may result in candidates receiving duplicate emails. LinkedIn will send separate emails when candidates apply or get disqualified. If a 'disqualified' automation is set up, the email from LinkedIn will be sent at the same time the automation's email is sent.
The emails sent from LinkedIn Apply Connect cannot be customized. They can only be disabled or enabled entirely.
When viewing jobs on LinkedIn, candidates will see a button to apply with their profile. They're asked to submit basic contact details along with all information defined on the application form.
When enabling 'Applicant notifications', candidates who apply through this method will be notified by LinkedIn about updates that happen in Workable, like when you view their profile, download their resume, or disqualify them. It is not possible to update or customize these notification emails.
Example notification emails:
If a candidate has come in through Apply Connect, their Workable profile will be populated with any contact details and resume file submitted. You will also be able to see:
- A LinkedIn icon next to their source. Hover over the icon to see the LinkedIn highlights for this candidate. If this icon does not appear for you:
- Confirm that LinkedIn Apply is enabled in Integrations > Apps > LinkedIn settings
- It might be due to your ad-blocking software
- A "LinkedIn Profile" section. This section contains a link to open the widget that contains the candidate's LinkedIn profile details. Your LinkedIn Recruiter account must be connected to Workable to see this information.
LinkedIn profile widget:
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- LinkedIn company ID discrepancy between Apply Connect and Settings
- If the LinkedIn company ID you manually set in your LinkedIn settings does not match the one reported by the Apply Connect integration, we will ask you to select which ID you want to keep. It's important to note that this ID determines which LinkedIn company page will display your Workable jobs.
👉 For more information, you may also check the related LinkedIn support article.