All users on your account can access the Talent Pool by default. This means that:
- Account members can access the Talent Pool to upload, refer and interact with candidates.
- Account members have access to data in the Talent Pool, every candidate profile and comments made by other users.
- Account members will receive the daily/weekly candidate report (based on their notification preferences) that includes Talent Pool candidates.
To make certain comments confidential, adjust the comment visibility to 'hiring managers' only. Non-admin users will not be able to view these comments.
External Recruiters can access the Talent Pool but will only ever see the candidates they have uploaded and not applied candidates or candidates that you and your team have sourced.
Restricting access to the Talent Pool
Hide the Talent Pool from the majority of your account members, restricting its access to admins only.
- Visit the profile icon menu and navigate to Settings > Privacy
- Flip the switch to ON in the Talent Pool Visibility section
- Click on Save changes
Restricting the Talent Pool will also mean that only admin users will receive email notifications about Talent pool candidates (included in the daily/weekly candidate reports).
Enabling speculative applications
When candidates have taken the time to visit your careers page, they likely intend to apply, but they might not find an open position that's a good fit. To make the most of this and stay in touch with those most enthusiastic about your organization, enable speculative/spontaneous applications on your account.
- Click your profile icon in the upper right of Workable and select Settings > Careers Page
- Access the careers page builder and locate the Jobs section on the page
- Edit the Jobs section and enable the switch for talent pool applications
- Edit the banner at the bottom of the Jobs section, allowing job seekers to email you with their details. The prompt text will be visible on your Workable hosted careers page. You can edit it to suit your company profile. For example:
The mailbox address under the 'Email my resume' button is based on your own subdomain: [subdomain]@jobs.workablemail.com. If needed, the subdomain can be modified in the Company Profile section of Workable.