Snoozing a candidate is useful on the following occasions:
- You've found a great candidate who is interested in talking—just not right now and you want to set a reminder to contact them at a future date.
- Candidates have applied but aren’t the right fit just now or are still studying but will be qualifying soon.
- You've sent an email to a candidate, and you wish to set up an alert to contact them again after x number of days.
To snooze a candidate:
- Click the 'More actions' menu on the candidate toolbar
- Select Snooze candidate
- Set a date for when the candidate will 'wake up'. Choose the number of months for which to snooze the candidate or choose a specific date. Any notes you add will be included in the candidate's timeline.
- Click Snooze candidate to finalize the reminder. The candidate will be placed at the bottom of the qualified candidates list, grayed out with a Zzz icon.
Unsnoozing a candidate
You can still access a snoozed candidate profile anytime and continue to leave comments or interact with them if necessary. To unsnooze the candidate early:
- Click the 'More actions' menu in the candidate toolbar
- Select Unsnooze candidate
Candidate "wakes up"
When a candidate wakes up from the snoozing period, the followers of this candidate will receive an email notification, as well as a notification in their Workable inbox, even if the job has been archived. In this case, you must unarchive the position to contact the candidate.
While this notification can't be disabled, to stop receiving it, you should unfollow the candidate either from the candidate profile or from the email notification you'll receive.
- Is it possible to create a report showing snoozed candidates and who snoozed them?
Admin users can filter for the 'Snoozed' action on the Activity Stream.
- Will an email reply from a candidate unsnooze them?
No. The followers of that candidate, though, will receive an email of the response from the candidate.
- Does snoozing a candidate count towards reports?
- The period the candidate was snoozed is not taken into account when calculating report metrics such as time to hire, average days to move forward, etc.