Best for: Pre-employment screening checks - Identity Verification, education, driver checks, etc.
Features: Initiate a background check on a candidate and receive results in Workable
Checkr provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups in the US. With Checkr companies can better understand the dynamics of the changing workforce, bring transparency and fairness to their hiring, and ultimately build a better future for workers.
Setting up the integration
You will need to be a Super Admin to set up the integration. To get started, sign in to Workable:
- Click your profile icon in the upper right, click on 'Settings' and navigate to Integrations
- Locate Checkr in the list of Background checks integrations and click on it
- Select Connect to Checkr
A new window will open asking you to Sign Up or Sign In:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Workable.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a free Checkr account. Add your name and company contact details together with your credentialing information.
Once you've filled in your details, Checkr performs a quick review and finalizes the integration with Workable. If there is an issue during the review (like a typo in the company name) Checkr will reach out to you immediately to assist. This process typically takes 1-2 business days.
Performing a background check
Once the integration setup is complete, you’ll now be able to seamlessly perform background checks on candidates.
- If the candidate is in the Offer or Hired stage click the magnifying glass button in the toolbar. For other stages, click the three dots and select the background check option.
- Select the background check level you wish to purchase and run for this candidate
- Once ready click Purchase. Background check invoices can be found under your Billing information.
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can vary, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
- What information do I receive from a background check through Checkr?
- How much do background checks cost through Checkr?
- What is the candidate’s experience during a Checkr background check?
- Which users are able to request Checkr background checks and view results?
- What is a "node" in regards to a Checkr background check?
- How do I reject a candidate based on background check results from Checkr?