When you’re hiring as a team you need accessible, actionable feedback. Create an interview kit for a structured hiring process and ensure that every candidate is assessed accurately and consistently.
- All candidates are asked the same questions, in the same order
- Responses are evaluated via a scorecard using a consistent rating scale
- The scorecards you create are automatically attached to the appropriate stage of the candidate’s profile, accessible by the whole team
- Feedback is gathered on the candidate profile, where the team can review and take action
- Candidates won't be able to view their scorecards.
Interview kits are added to a job in the Workflow section of the job editor. Kits can be made for draft, published or internal positions.
Note: You can create interview kits for the following stage types in your hiring pipeline: Phone Screen, Assessment, and Interview.
To get started, the suitable stages of the pipeline appear on top of the Workflow section. You will see that the stages of the pipeline suitable for Interview kits are visible and the rest are grayed out. Click on the stage you want to add your interview kit and click on Add interview kit.
Options for creating or importing interview kits will appear:
You can create a kit from scratch, import from your Templates or another job or create it automatically based on the job requirements. All these options are available as you continue to put the kit together.
Interview kit structure
Interview kits are divided into multiple sections to provide a structure for interviews and standardize feedback for easier review. Each section relates to specific sets of skills, personality traits, or requirements that you’re looking to assess:
Sections are made up of:
- A section title (this is also the template name)
- One or more skills, traits, or requirements
- One or more evaluation questions (optional)
In the above example, we created a section called "Business Skills". We're assessing "Commercial Awareness" and "Entrepreneurial Spirit" with a few questions. We could add more skills/questions to this section, or add another section entirely.
Once an interview kit is created you’ll be able to record in-depth evaluations or quickly rate candidates with thumbs up/thumbs down ratings.
Note: The maximum number of characters for interview kit fields is 255 characters.
Editing and saving an interview kit
When you've added some questions to your kit, further editing options will appear to the right.
Create new sections or import questions from other parts of your account:
- If the Rate Questions switch is set to ON, interviewers will be able to leave a rating for every single item/line in the interview kit.
- If Rate Questions is OFF, interviewers will only be able to rate subsections (skills, traits, requirements).
- If in doubt, you can always preview your interview kit, via the link on the right-hand side.
To edit or delete sections of the interview kit, hover over the section and click the pencil (edit) or trash can (delete) icon. Be sure to save your changes after editing.
Filling out an interview scorecard
Note: To limit bias, if you are invited to an event, you will not be able to see your colleagues’ evaluations until you submit your own. Super & recruiting admins are excluded from this rule. Check more here.
Interview kits will be available as a scorecard when evaluating candidates in the relevant stage.
- Click the thumbs up/down button to submit an evaluation. Each member of the hiring team can leave one evaluation for the candidate per stage.
- You might need to switch to the scorecard evaluation mode. Rate the candidate for each skill/question or skip topics you weren't able to get to.
- Hover over and click on a topic or question to add notes for that part of the interview
- At the end, include an overall rating and comment (mandatory field) providing additional details as to why this candidate is or isn't a good fit for the job
- Click Add evaluation
To access scorecards for upcoming interviews navigate to your Agenda; just click the calendar icon in the black toolbar at the top of the screen.