E-signature requests can be made for both existing and new employees that are being onboarded.
Signature requests to existing employees
- The employee needs to be published.
- The employee must have a user account (created under Account Members) and should have logged in at least once. Learn more here.
- At least one compatible document template should be created under the Document templates settings.
- All signers added to the document template should have an active employee profile in order to be able to sign documents.
HR admins can assign an e-signature document to an employee and request that the signers involved in the document template sign it as well. To initiate the request:
- Open the employee profile
- Click Request e-Signature under the Actions menu on the right
- Select a document template from the list of compatible templates. Templates compatibility is defined by assigning a template to specific departments in the Document templates settings.
- Click Send request
The HR admins are notified if a document requires data from the employee profile that is not available, which must be updated before document signatures can be requested.
Each successful signature request sends notifications (both inbox items and emails) to all signers sequentially, based on the sequence configured for each document template.
Signature requests to new employees
🔒Requirements: All signers added to the document template (apart from the employee) should have an active employee profile in order to be able to sign documents.
HR admins can request e-signatures from new employees as part of their onboarding. To do so, make sure you follow the below steps:
- Create the document template under Settings > Employee Management > Document Templates. Learn more about this process here.
- Once the document template is ready, add a 'Sign a document' task while creating an onboarding workflow under Settings > Employee Management > Onboarding. Learn more about this process here.
Want to track the status of your e-signature documents? See how.