Company files work as a centralized repository for all your company-related documents and other file types that you need to share with your employees, such as:
- Branding stuff
- Office floor plans etc.
🔒 New hires will have access to company files once their onboarding is complete and they are invited to the account.
Accessing company files
Every user with access to the Employee Management features can visit the Files page under the 'Company' item in the main navigation menu.
📌 HR admins have full access to all company folders and files, while standard access members can only view folders and files according to the permissions set by HR admins.
On the left side, there is a list of the folders that each user can access. You can see all your files at once under the 'All company files' and search or filter for the ones you need.
Organizing files in folders will enable you to restrict or provide access to specific departments, entities, or individual employees if needed. Each folder can contain unlimited files.
Create a new folder
- As an HR Admin, click Create new folder at the bottom of the folder navigation list
- Type the folder name
- Set the access rights for this folder by choosing between:
- All employees: All users with access to the Employee Management features will be able to access this folder and the files uploaded in it.
- Custom: HR Admins can choose which departments/entities/specific employees will be able to access this folder and the files uploaded in it.
Manage a folder
HR Admins can manage existing folders from the three dots menu of each folder. Available actions will be:
Archived folders are moved to the 'Archived' section at the bottom of the folder navigation menu (visible only to HR Admins). Available actions for archived folders will be:
- Delete (permanently)
Files will contain labels/tags to personalize them. You will have the option to search for files by name as well as filter them by file tags.
Upload a file
- As an HR Admin, click Upload file in the top right of the folder view
- Type the file name; up to 70 characters
- Upload the file; accepted files up to 10 MB and of types: .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .png, .jpg, .jpeg
- Add one or more file tags; these will be used for easy and intuitive filtering in all files related views.
Manage a file
HR Admins can manage existing files from the three dots menu of each file. Available actions will be:
- Move; from one folder to another
Archived files are moved to the 'Archived' section at the bottom of the folder navigation menu (visible only to HR Admins). Available actions for archived folders will be:
- Restore: if the file was archived together with the folder it belonged to, then the restore action will require the user to select a new folder for the file to be restored.
- Delete (permanently); non-reversible action
Tracking e-signature progress
HR Admins can view an extra category of e-signature documents. E-signature documents listed here will be document templates for which a signature request has been sent for at least one employee. The pending count will include all signature requests that have not yet been signed by all signers.
Click View stats to view in detail each signature request for the given document template. For example, you can check:
- The overall progress (assigned VS completed signature requests)
- The count of pending and completed signature requests
- The count of the active employees that the document has been assigned to
- The signature status for each employee (not started, in progress, completed)