Running a high-volume recruiting process can require you and your team to move, contact, and manage large numbers of candidates. Bulk actions enable you to spend less time organizing your pipeline and more time building meaningful relationships with candidates.
Bulk actions toolbar
To perform a bulk action on the Candidates page:
Click the Candidates tab in the top menu or run a search in the search field
Select multiple candidate profiles; at the bottom left, you can see how many candidates are selected
- Perform the bulk action of your choice from the toolbar at the bottom of the candidates' list
Types of bulk actions
- Send email, including self-schedule links
- Send text
- Send Workable Video Interviews/Assessments
- Move to the next stage (the next stage for each candidate might be different)
- Copy to a job
- Move to a job
- Disqualify/revert candidates
- Delete candidates
- Add tags (even if candidates are in archived jobs)
Bulk action status
After initiating the bulk action, you can see a quick overview of all your actions, monitor their progress, and view your success rate via a notification widget.
Note: An action completed over 5 days ago will be removed from the widget. If you choose to dismiss the widget by closing the tab, you won't have access to the actions that failed.
Depending on the bulk action status, you might see up to four statuses listed as:
- Succeeded: if performed on all candidates selected e.g. 100/100
- Failed: if the action couldn’t be performed on any of the selected candidates due to errors e.g., 0/100
- Partially completed: if performed on some of the selected candidates due to errors e.g., 90/100
- On hold: if for some of the selected candidates, it wasn’t completed, and the member has to review and decide how to proceed
View a detailed summary for each bulk action by clicking on the View option against each listed action.
Bulk action summary
In the summary, you will be able to view:
- The total number of candidates this action was performed against
- The number of candidates' actions completed and the list of candidates with a link to each profile
- The number of candidates' actions that failed to be completed or are on hold, grouped by error with a link to each profile.
- Why are certain actions missing from the toolbar?
Which actions will be available at the toolbar depends on the user’s role and which actions are enabled based on the filters applied. While Super admins can perform all actions for Standard members, this will depend on their role in a job.
For example, a standard member that has the role of the hiring manager in a job, and the role of the reviewer in another job, can perform all actions for candidates that are in the first job case but not for candidates in the second job case.