This is a custom integration available to Premier plans at an additional cost. Contact your Account Manager before beginning setup.
Best for: Onboarding
Features: Export of Hired candidates' information, field customization available
Support: Reach out to your Workable Account Manager
Paylocity is the HR & Payroll provider that helps you tackle your unique HR and payroll challenges today so you can focus on tomorrow.
Integrate your Workable and Paylocity accounts to export candidate information seamlessly. When you hire a candidate in Workable, a new onboarding record is created in your Paylocity Onboarding account.
Enabling the integration
- Follow the Marketplace guidelines and select Workable to enable the integration.
- Once this is done, a Partner Integration Implementation Analyst will contact your PADE (Paylocity Automated Data Exchange) primary client contact to inform you that integration in Paylocity has been enabled and will also share your CompanyID with Workable.
- After your Account Manager in Workable also informs you that integration has been enabled on our side too, candidate information will be exported to Paylocity for any new hire.
Using the integration
Move a candidate to the Hired stage of the recruiting pipeline in Workable and a profile for them will be created in Paylocity automatically, under the Onboarding module. Workable will then update the candidate timeline (by adding a comment) with the results of the export (success or failure).
Candidate information exported to Paylocity:
- First name (required for export)
- Last name (required for export)
- Personal email address
- Home phone number
- Hire Date (the date that the candidate was moved to the Hired stage)
City (based on the candidate’s location)
State (based on the candidate’s location)
Optional fields (to utilize them you will need to create the corresponding custom fields and share them with your Workable Account Manager)
- Pay Type
- Default value is 'Salary'.
- If there is an 'Hourly Rate' custom field (set as 'Numeric' type) with some value, then Pay Type will be set to 'Hourly'.
- Cost Center1
Set when a custom field “Cost Center” is present in the account.
The custom field type should be set to 'Dropdown’.
The options of the Dropdown should be formatted as ‘<CC name> - <CC code>’ where <CC name> is the Cost Center name and <CC code> is the Cost Center code.
- Base Rate
- This will take the value of the 'Hourly Rate' custom field (if exists).
- The field type should be set to ‘Dropdown' or ‘Numeric’.
- If any of the above Workable fields are not set or filled before the integration is triggered, the corresponding Paylocity field will be left blank.
- Further customization inquiries are feasible by contacting your Workable Account Manager and are accompanied by an extra cost.
- Candidate location is the result of Workable processing multiple sources of candidate information (e.g. resumes, profiles, etc.) so in some cases may not be exactly the same as the address provided on their profile.
- A username will be assigned to the candidate according to the format <first_letter_of_name><lastname><candidateID> where <candidateID> is the corresponding candidate id in Workable. In case the username is more than 20 characters, the last name will be truncated accordingly.
As an option, you can opt some candidates out of exporting their data to Paylocity, depending on the value of either a Custom or Requisition Attribute titled “Omit sending this candidate to Paylocity?”. The integration will omit candidates per the field value as follows:
- “Yes” → The integration will not send the candidate profile to Paylocity.
- “No” or no value is selected → The integration will create the profile in Paylocity upon hiring.
Updating this field to “No” and re-hiring the candidate (i.e. moving the candidate to the Hired stage one more time) will allow you to create the profile in Paylocity.
The aforementioned attribute can be either a boolean or a dropdown field.
Multiple Paylocity Accounts
You can specify to which Paylocity account the integration will export the candidate’s data, based on the value of either a custom or requisition attribute titled “Company ID”. The attribute must be a dropdown with the list of your Paylocity Company IDs of each account, formatted as:
“<Company name> - <Company ID>”
Depending on the Company ID selected, the Hired candidates will be sent to the corresponding Paylocity account.
If you intend to use only one Paylocity account, their single Company ID can be provided to Workable to be used for all hired candidates, without the need of the aforementioned attribute.