With Transfer by Zapier (BETA), you can now transfer in bulk candidate data in Workable.
Zapier has a free account for basic use. For heavy use, there are tiered pricing options.
To get started, sign in to Zapier and create a new transfer.
1. Select a data source and destination
To send data in bulk through Transfer, select a data source (for example Microsoft Excel) and a destination (Workable).
2. Connect your apps and select data to transfer
For the next step in Zapier, connect to the source app you selected.
Filter and select which data you would like to send. For the Microsoft Excel example, you will be requested to select the Storage Source, Folder, Spreadsheet, and Worksheet.
Connect to Workable and choose your Workable account. Below are the fields you can transfer:
- First Name (required field)
- Last Name (required field)
- Email (required field)
- Job (required field), you are able to select one job at a time so each transfer refers to a single job
- Sourced (Yes/No selection- required field), select 'Yes' to import candidates as Sourced, or 'No' to import them as Applied
- Cover Letter
- Disqualification Reason (EEO enabled accounts only)
- Disqualified (Yes/No selection), select 'Yes' to import candidates as disqualified (only applies for candidates imported as Sourced)
- Comment (only applies for candidates imported as Sourced)
Note: Make sure to include a header for the fields you will choose to transfer otherwise the transfer will fail.
Below is an example spreadsheet. We have included all the required fields plus the Headline.
Based on the above you can now map data from the data source to Workable. Review the mapping and go back to edit your fields if you notice a mismatch.
3. Transfer your data
If everything looks good you are ready to send your data from one app to another. During the last step, you are able to filter the data and select the ones you wish to transfer.