Best for: Recruiting, onboarding, payroll & time tracking, performance management
Features: Export of Hired candidates' information
Personio is one of the fastest-growing HR software providers for small and midsize companies. Recruit, manage, pay and develop your employees - this software does it all with automated processes, seamless integrations, and data-driven insights.
Connect your Workable and Personio accounts to seamlessly export candidate information to your Personio account. When you hire a candidate, a new employee record will automatically be created in your Personio account.
Setting up the integration
To set up the integration you need to have an admin role or have an editing right for the marketplace in Personio. You need also to be a Super Admin in Workable, to access the Integrations page.
To start, you’ll need to collect API credentials from Personio and Workable that will link your accounts.
In Personio, create new API credentials (or access credentials you've previously created) by going to Settings > API > Access data > Download.
In Workable, follow the steps below:
- Click your profile icon in the upper right, click on Settings and navigate to Integrations
- Under HR Information Systems click on Personio
- Click Generate Token and copy the long string of numbers and letters to your clipboard
With your API keys in hand, begin the connection process:
In Personio, navigate to Settings > API > Access and activate all user-defined attributes that you would like to synchronize with applicant attributes in Workable, in addition to the predefined attributes.
The following system attributes are already available and don't need to be enabled manually:
- First name
- Last name
- Personal email address
- Hire date
- You can create custom attributes in Personio and match them with the system fields from Workable
Once this is done, the next step is to locate Workable in the Marketplace:
- Νavigate to Settings > Marketplace and look for the Workable integration
Click on the Connect Workable button and follow the steps to start the integration
- Copy the partner token and add the Workable subdomain. The subdomain is the name of your account in the URL, ending with workable.com. This can be also verified from your Company Profile.
- Click on Next to continue to step 2 of the process
- Add the client ID and client secret you received when creating your API credentials for Personio
- Click on Next to continue to step 3 of the process and finalize the integration
- On this page, you can select the attributes to be synchronized between Workable and Personio. You can then click on Finish to finalize the integration.
That's it! The integration has been completed. Candidates who are moved into the Hired stage in Workable will create a new employee record with the selected attributes in your Personio account.
How to map the Hire date
In order to map the “hired at” Workable date to the correct field in Personio, users will have to add a new custom "hired at" attribute in Personio. Below are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to Settings > Employee Information > Add a new attribute
- Choose the type as "date" and name the field
- Make sure the attribute you just created is whitelisted for the API key (settings > API > access)
- Add that attribute in the map attributes table (step 3) in the activation flow of the Workable integration entry through the Marketplace
- Click Finish