Connect Workable and Zoom to set up two-way video interviews with candidates and coworkers. When scheduling an event, you'll be able to automatically include your Zoom link as part of the calendar invite.
Workable uses the Zoom Marketplace for this integration. "Zoom for Government" is not currently available for integration through this marketplace.
Enabling the Zoom integration
A Workable Admin users must perform the following steps one time to activate Zoom:
- Click your user icon in the upper right and navigate to Settings, then Integrations > Apps
- Locate the Video Conference Integration section
- Enable the switch next to Zoom and click Save Changes
- You'll be prompted to sign in to Zoom to finalize the connection; log in with your Zoom credentials to confirm
That's it! The option to schedule interviews with Zoom will now be available to users who schedule events.
Including a Zoom link to an interview
When scheduling any type of event, an option to include a Zoom link will be available.
- Tick the Zoom option under the call link.
- when scheduling their first event with Zoom, account members will be asked to authenticate their Zoom account. Click Connect your Zoom account and confirm Zoom credentials to proceed.
- Schedule the event as normal.
When the Zoom link option is selected, a Zoom link owned by the organizer will be included in the calendar invite sent to the candidate and any coworkers. Participants can join the room via the calendar invite when it's time to meet.
Configure the organizer/host of the event
The organizer is selected at the end of the scheduling form, and their Zoom link is always used. The organizer will be the one to start/host the meeting. When you schedule interviews on behalf of other colleagues, make sure you remove yourself as an organizer and add someone else.❗Only hiring team members who have connected their calendar are eligible to be organizers.
If the selected organizer has not connected their Zoom account to Workable, you will see the below error message. Before trying again, please ensure the organizer has connected their Zoom account to Workable as described above.
- Zoom meetings created in Workable have some default settings and we don’t assign custom Zoom settings for meetings (i.e. video/audio settings, "join before host", etc.).
- For password-protected meetings, Workable will not share the password with the candidate by default. If you require a password, be sure to follow up with the candidate to share that information after scheduling.
To make settings adjustments for specific meetings in Zoom:
- Navigate to the Meetings section
- Locate the specific event under the upcoming meetings
- Hover over and click Edit
To deactivate Zoom in Workable:
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Apps
- Disable the Zoom switch
- Click Save changes
Workable users will no longer see the option to schedule calls with a Zoom link. Upcoming calls already scheduled before deactivation will still have the Zoom link available.
Individual users who want to remove the Workable-Zoom connection should uninstall the Workable authentication in their Zoom account:
- Login to your Zoom Account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace
- Click Manage > Added Apps
- Locate the Workable app and click Remove