Best for: One-way video interviews, Q&A tests
Features: Send interviews, receive and view the recording in Workable
Astronaut is a robust video interview platform that helps you create simple, fast and effective Q&A sessions for your candidates. Astronaut will ensure you achieve high engagement levels, avoid phone screening and screening candidates based on their CV only.
The Astronaut candidate-facing interface can be set either in English or Indonesian.
Through this integration, you can send the request for an Astronaut video interview or Q&A assessment directly through Workable. After the candidate completes the interview, you’ll receive a notification and you and your team will be able to view the video directly from the candidate’s profile in Workable.
Setting up the integration
You must be a recruiter admin in Astronaut to set up this integration.
In your Astronaut account:
- Click your username in the top right corner and navigate to Organization Details
- The API key for the integration can be found on the right side tab of your Organization Details menu
- Copy the API key by clicking the Copy API Key
In your Workable account as an Admin user:
- Click your profile icon in the upper right, click on Settings and navigate to Integrations
- Locate Astronaut in the list of Video Interview providers and click on it
- Paste the API key into the field that appears and click Update Settings
That's it! The connection will be complete and you'll be able to start sending out video interview requests to candidates.
Setting up question templates
To construct your assessment question templates log in to your Astronaut account and follow the below steps:
- Go to Assessment Library and click on “+ Add Template“.
- Fill out the form that appears in the pop-up with the details of your question template eg. template name, template description.
- Dynamic deadline is the deadline for the candidate to complete the assignment right after you move the candidate into this stage.
- The “Make this available to others“ option should be set to “No“ if you don’t want this template to be accessible by other users.
- Click Add to complete the process; you’ll be redirected to the template dashboard where your new template will be visible.
- There are Video | Free-Text | Multiple-choice | Template tab options. To set up a video question, choose the Video option. You’ll see all video questions appear on the screen. You can add more questions by clicking the “+ Add Video Question“ button.
- To add questions to the template that you just created, simply click the (+) button on the right side of each question and the question from the question bank will automatically be added.
- Once you are done adding more questions, click Update template. From this option, you can update the template description and the dynamic deadline value at any time.
Using the integration
Once you click the video interview button you will be able to select Astronaut's question template that you have set up in Astronaut Recruiter Dashboard for candidates to answer (explained in the previous section).
Important: At this time it is not possible to cancel, resend, or change a video interview once it has been mailed, so make sure that you select the correct question template. If you need to make changes you'll need to log in to Astronaut and update the template in question.