If your referrals portal users are using multiple email domains (e.g. two brands like @companyA.com, @companyB.com) or you migrated to a new domain, contact us to add the domain/s into the "allow" list for Referrals. This will enable users to auto-join the portal via the direct link without the need for a manual invitation.
Click on the user icon in the upper right of Workable and navigate to Settings, then Referrals to manage Referrals users. From this page, you can:
- Enable auto-join to access your referrals portal link
- Add and remove manually referral portal users
- See a list of everyone who has joined the portal
Users who join the portal may or may not have access to your main Workable account. Users must be added to the Account Members section of Workable to have access to your main Workable account. They can be added to both "Account Members" and "Referrals", or just one or the other. The invitations are mutually exclusive.
Add referrals portal users
To allow anyone that signs up with a company email to access your referrals portal automatically, it's important to enable autojoin in your account. Then you can copy your referrals portal link and share it with your colleagues.
It will look like this: https://[subdomain].workable.com/referrals
Invited coworkers can go to that link any time to access the portal, or they can use the links in the email notifications they'll receive if invited manually.
To add users manually follow the below steps:
- Click Invite new members
- Enter email addresses for invitees in the field that appears, separating each address with either a space or comma
- You can invite users with any email domain (e.g. @gmail.com, @company2.com, etc.)
- Complete the process by clicking Add invitees and giving a final confirmation to send out invites
- Invitees will receive an email with a button they can click to join the Referrals portal
To see how many members are active in Referrals click the filter; you will see a number next to each member category (active, invited, deactivated).
Remove referrals portal users
To remove a coworker from Referrals:
- Search for them in the list of Referrals users
- Hover over their entry
- Click Deactivate Workable referrals access
Deactivated users are still credited as the source for the candidate.
- Customize referral emails and notifications
- [Optional] Add a default referral reward (e.g. $250) for successful referrals and include a reward policy
- Customize referral and internal applicant questions
- Roll out the portal across your company