A time-off request can be created within the employee profile from:
- The employee who is the owner of the profile
- Line manager and managers above, on behalf of their direct reports
- HR Admins, for all employees
Before a user can request time off on an employee profile, the following steps must be completed by an HR Admin:
- Set the employee’s work schedule (Actions > Edit profile form> fill in work schedule)
- Set applicable time-off types and policies for the employee (Actions > Manage time-off policies)
- Adjust each type’s balance (if needed)
Request time off
If a time-off policy requires an attachment (e.g. Sick leave), you will see an additional field in the time-off request modal, where you can provide the attachment if it is available upon creation.
If the document is unavailable upon creation, you can proceed with your request normally. After completing the time-off request, you will receive an inbox item on the first working day, asking you to upload the document.
For each inbox item that is created, an email or a Slack notification might also be sent to you based on your notification preferences.
Responses to time-off requests
Employees are informed about their requests via an Inbox item.
An email is also sent to the employee to notify them that their request has been approved/rejected.
- Why can't I click on the time off request button?
- Time-off requests can be created for employees that:
- Have time-off policies set up (at least one)
- Have a work schedule assigned
- Their start date has passed
- Are not inactive due to offboarding
If one or more of the above are not met, the request time off button will appear disabled/greyed out.
- What will happen if a time-off request spans between different cycles?
- In this case, you will see a detailed breakdown of which days are charged in each cycle and when the days of an upcoming cycle are expected to be charged.
👉 Next steps: