Best for: Technical Assessments & Interviews
Features: Send assessments and receive results back in Workable
Coderbyte is the top platform for developers to prepare for interviews and for technical recruiters to screen candidates.
Through this integration, you can send Coderbyte assessments to candidates when they are moved to a specific Workable stage and receive the link with the results back in Workable. If you make any updates to the assessment or interview scorecard within Coderbyte, a notification comment will be sent to you via Workable as well.
Additionally, it enables you to post reports and/or move candidates to a new stage once they have completed an assessment or interview.
Setting up the integration
Coderbyte provides a built-in integration with Workable. Follow the below steps to set this up:
In your Workable account:
- Login as an admin user, click your profile icon in the upper right and navigate to Settings > Integrations > Apps
- Locate the API Access Tokens section near the top of the page
- Click the button to generate a new token. Your API key is a long string of random letters and numbers and can be copied only upon generation.
- Next, locate your Workable subdomain and note it down
In your Coderbyte account:
First, make sure that you have the API add-on enabled
Navigate to Integrations > ATS and select Workable from the list
Input your Workable subdomain and API key
Click Connect to complete the process
[Optional] Select a Workable user who will be listed as the author of candidate updates performed by the integration. This means that when the integration adds a comment to a candidate or moves them to another stage, it will appear as if the selected user performed these actions.
Once you select a user from the dropdown, click the Update button.
That's it! You can now create workflows to automate tasks between Coderbyte and Workable.
Configuring your Goderbyte workflows
Workflows are built on top of the basic integration. Each workflow type describes a single automation process that involves reading and writing between Workable and Coderbyte, for example:
- Send a Coderbyte assessment invitation to a candidate once they have been moved to a specific stage in Workable
- Attach the Coderbyte assessment feedback to the candidate's profile (visible only to recruiters) or progress them to other stages
To begin, navigate to Integrations > ATS in your Coderbyte dashboard and click the “Add Workflow Group” button.
💡Learn more about workflows here.
Using the integration
After establishing the connection with Coderbyte and configuring your workflows, you can:
- Invite candidates automatically to an assessment or interview when they are moved to a specific stage in Workable.
- Be notified (with a comment) when an assessment/interview is completed or an assessment/interview scorecard is updated.
- Move a candidate to a new Workable stage when they complete an assessment or interview.