To get started view our full API documentation. Depending on your needs with the Workable API you can:
Extract information about:
- your account
- your hiring members and recruiters
- the pipeline stages for each position
- jobs and application form details
- screening questions or application form documents
Manage your candidates:
- fetch all applicants for a specific job
- extract detailed candidate information
- create candidate profiles inside Workable
- update existing candidate profiles (e.g. add comments, add/remove tags, disqualify/revert)
- copy or move candidates
- create a webhook when a candidate is created or moved
Create custom reports:
- Get the job or candidate activity stream
- Process data outside of Workable and build a report
Export new hires to another system:
- Periodically get a list of candidates from Workable in the "Hired" stage and use the candidate endpoint to get the full profile information or
- Create webhook subscriptions to automatically receive data when candidates moved to the Hired stage and use candidate endpoint to get full profile information
Is there a limitation on requests?
Yes, it is 10 requests per 10 seconds. If you reach the limit, you will be getting the error 429; in this case, review your implementation and control the requests when the error appears.
Is it possible to retrieve custom fields via the API?
Yes, you can retrieve a list of associated questions (including custom fields) for a job from the /jobs/:shortcode/questions endpoint. Both candidate- and user-provided attributes are included in the response of the call to /candidates/:id (under the answers key).
How can I make suggestions for API documentation updates?
If you can see anything missing or unclear in our API documentation, add your comment while voting if the article was helpful.