To get started view our full API documentation. Depending on your needs with the Workable API you can:
Extract information about:
- your account
- your hiring members and recruiters
- the pipeline stages for each position
- jobs and application form details
- screening questions or application form documents
Manage your candidates:
- fetch all applicants for a specific job
- extract detailed candidate information
- create candidate profiles inside Workable
- update existing candidate profiles (e.g. add comments, add/remove tags, disqualify/revert)
- copy or move candidates
- create a webhook when a candidate is created or moved
Create custom reports:
- Get the job or candidate activity stream
- Process data outside of Workable and build a report
Export new hires to another system:
- Periodically get a list of candidates from Workable in the "Hired" stage and use the candidate endpoint to get the full profile information or
- Create webhook subscriptions to automatically receive data when candidates moved to the Hired stage and use candidate endpoint to get full profile information
Is there a limitation on requests?
Yes, it is 10 requests per 10 seconds. If you reach the limit, you will be getting the error 429; in this case, review your implementation and control the requests when the error appears.
Is it possible to retrieve custom fields via the API?
Yes, you can retrieve a list of associated questions (including custom fields) for a job from the /jobs/:shortcode/questions endpoint. Both candidate- and user-provided attributes are included in the response of the call to /candidates/:id (under the answers key).
How can I make suggestions for API documentation updates?
If you can see anything missing or unclear in our API documentation, find the section that needs updating and click on Suggest Edits (at the bottom of the endpoint section). You will need to log in or create an account on http://readme.io/ to submit the suggestions.