Seek is Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career, and recruitment site. Connect your accounts and use your prepaid Seek job credits to post jobs directly via Workable. A Super admin needs to perform this process one time to enable the integration for all users and future jobs.
Setting up the integration
To set up the integration, please fill out this form to request the connection between your Seek account and Workable. Your Seek ID will then be emailed to you by the Seek team.
Next, sign in to your Workable account:
- Click your profile icon in the upper right, click on 'Settings', and navigate to Integrations
- Locate Seek in the list of Job board integrations and click on it
- Copy the ID code from the email into the Seek ID field on this page
- Click Update settings
That's it! Your accounts will now be connected. In the Find Candidates tab of the job editor, under the Premium Job Board options, you'll be able to publish jobs to Seek.
Publishing jobs to Seek from Workable
Publish jobs directly to Seek from your Workable account by navigating to the job’s Find Candidates page in the Premium Job Boards section. All of our question and custom field types (except for the File upload) are mapped to Seek’s supported types. Applicants can apply directly through SEEK using Optimized Apply and their applications are received at Workable in real-time.
Important: Any updates to the application form after the job is published won't be automatically passed to Seek so before posting make sure that your application setup is the desired one.
Click Publish posting to open the Seek settings page and configure your posting to Seek.
Configuring Seek settings
Configure your job settings, salary information and ad type by following the 3-step wizard:
1. Job Settings
Information will be pre-populated here based on the information already entered on the job editor. Check the information provided and update/overwrite any field to match your Seek posting needs.
2. Salary Information
Salary range and Work Type will be pre-populated if the respective fields are already completed on the job editor. The currency will be added based on the job location and won't be editable.
Note: The salary range (mandatory field) is used by Seek to provide more relevant job search results to candidates, but it’s not displayed on the job ad by default. To communicate the remuneration package to the candidate you will need to fill out the Salary details for ad field.
3. Ad Type
Last, you will be able to select your preferred ad type between Classic, Stand Out and Premium.
Note: The prices displayed are confirming the amount that you'll be invoiced via your SEEK contract. If you already have available purchased adverts you won't be charged twice.
On all ad types, you can optionally add a promoted video or an internal billing reference. On StandOut and Premium ad types you will be prompted to:
- [Mandatory] Select among the available Seek branding options (set up and managed through your Seek account)
- [Optional] Τhree key selling points will be pre-populated from your Benefits section; you can edit them or remove them if needed
Complete your order by pressing the Buy now button. Your Seek account will be billed the relevant amount and the ad will be immediately posted on Seek for 30 days.
Editing Seek settings
To view the posting click the arrow icon next to the candidate count. To edit any field of your Seek posting click the cog icon that will be shown at the top right corner of the Seek box.
Changes to Seek settings after the job is published might incur additional costs. If you upgrade your ad type we will display the additional cost in the order summary.
Connecting an existing Seek job to Workable
If you posted a job on Seek before setting up the Workable integration, you can use Workable to add your future candidates to the pipeline automatically.
- The job must be set as Published in Workable for the candidate mapping to work.
- Candidates who applied before the connection will not be retrieved by this process.
In your Workable account:
- Click on the Find Candidates button on the jobs dashboard next to the job you want to post.
- At the bottom of the page, you’ll find the job mailbox, from where you need to copy the characters (usually letters and numbers) at the very beginning, before the '@' sign
In your Seek account:
- Locate the corresponding job post under the Jobs tab
- Click on the Edit job button (pencil), and then edit the section Manage candidate applications
- In the ‘Internal job reference’ field paste the characters you've copied from the job mailbox, for example, in the below example you should paste "STARK004".
All set! Now any new applicants to this post will be collected in the job you have created in Workable.
To collect candidates from multiple Seek jobs into a single job in Workable, reuse the same ‘Internal job reference’ and add +1, +2, etc at the end (e.g.: STARK004+1, STARK004+2).
- Can candidates apply without leaving Seek?
- Yes. Candidates can apply using Seek's optimized apply without leaving the site. Custom questions/fields will appear in the Seek application and be passed to Workable in the application.
- How long does it take for Seek candidates to reach Workable?
- Candidate applications will be received instantly by Workable and appear on the Applied stage of your pipeline.
- Which question/custom field types are supported on Seek?
- Learn more here.
- Can I update the application form on Seek after changes were made in Workable?
- Any updates to the application form after the job is published won't be automatically passed to Seek. If there is a need for an urgent change you'll need to unpublish and re-publish your posting. In this case, contact your Seek Account Manager to organize the process and amend your billing.
- How will Seek cover letters and selection criteria be displayed in Workable?
Seek cover letters and selection criteria will be added as files in the candidate timeline. The selection criteria is a candidate file that may be received from Seek as part of the application.