Best for: Onboarding, compensation & time tracking, performance management
Features: Export of Hired candidates' information, extra custom fields
Connect your Workable and Bamboo accounts to seamlessly export candidate information to your Bamboo account. When you hire a candidate, their details are transferred to Bamboo as a new employee.
Candidate information exported to Bamboo:
- Personal email address (required for export)
- Photo or avatar (depending on your account settings)
- First name
- Last name
- Job title
- Personal phone number
- Gender (EEO enabled accounts only)
- Ethnicity (EEO enabled accounts only)
- Candidate resume
- Start Date / Hire Date
- Copy of offer letter PDF (if signed by the candidate)
Note: Offer letters are exported to the ‘Signed Documents’ folder so some members might not have access to them.
- Custom fields (contact your Account Manager for information about options for exporting custom fields)
Note: The Hire Date that is sent to Bamboo is determined by either the start date set in an offer letter (using the [start_date] variable) or the start date set when filling a requisition (with Hiring Plan).
If neither offer letters or requisitions were used, the date that the candidate was moved to the Hired stage is sent as the Hire Date.
Setting up the integration
To start, log in to Workable:
- Click your profile icon in the upper right, click on Settings and navigate to Integrations
- Under HR Information Systems click on BambooHR
- Enter the subdomain for your BambooHR account (it is the first part of the URL you use when you access your BambooHR account, for example in https://my_company.bamboohr.com, your subdomain would be my_company)
- Click Connect Workable with BambooHR
Exporting candidates to BambooHR
Auto-export; In the Integrations section of your account, under Bamboo, there is an option to enable auto-export for hired candidates. When this switch is set to ON, any candidate who is moved to a Hired stage in your pipeline will automatically have their details sent to Bamboo.
Manual export; When the auto-export switch is set to OFF, you'll need to manually export candidates to Bamboo. A button will appear in the toolbar for candidates in the Hired stage. Click this button to send the candidate's details to Bamboo.
The candidate export can only be performed one time. Updates made in Workable after the export will not be synced. Instead, the candidate's details in Bamboo should be manually updated.
The candidates must have their personal email address entered on their Workable profile in order to be successfully exported.