Best for: Onboarding, compensation & time tracking, performance management
Features: Export of Hired candidates' information, extra custom fields
Connect your Workable and BambooHR accounts to seamlessly export candidate information to your Bamboo account. When you hire a candidate, their details are transferred to Bamboo as a new employee.
Setting up the integration
To start, log in to Workable as a Super Admin:
- Click your profile icon in the upper right, click on Settings and navigate to Integrations
- Under HR Information Systems click on BambooHR
- Enter the subdomain for your BambooHR account (it is the first part of the URL you use when you access your BambooHR account, for example in https://my_company.bamboohr.com, your subdomain would be my_company)
- Click Connect Workable with BambooHR.❗The account used to connect BambooHR to Workable should be an admin account.
Field export and mapping
Candidate information exported to Bamboo:
- Personal email address (required for export)
- Photo or avatar (depending on your account settings)
- First name
- Last name
- Job title *
- Job location *
- Top-level department *
- Sub-department *
- Personal phone number
- Gender (EEO enabled accounts only)
- Ethnicity (EEO enabled accounts only)
- Candidate resume
- Start Date / Hire Date
- Copy of offer letter PDF (if signed by the candidate)
Note: Offer letters are exported to the ‘Signed Documents’ folder so some members might not have access to them.
- Requisition or offer salary *
- Requisition hiring manager *
- Custom fields (contact your Account Manager for information about options for exporting custom fields)
Note: The Hire Date that is sent to Bamboo is determined by either the start date set in an offer letter (using the [start_date] variable) or the start date set when filling a requisition (with Hiring Plan).
If neither offer letters nor requisitions were used, the date that the candidate was moved to the Hired stage is sent as the Hire Date.
❗Pay extra attention to the field mapping. Fields that do not match between Workable and BambooHR won't be included in BambooHR records.
|Requisition or offer salary
|The frequency used in Bamboo Pay rates should match that of the requisition/offer. Frequency is not passed to Bamboo HR. Currency is also not passed and the default will be applied in Bamboo HR. Offer salary takes precedence if available over the requisition salary.
|The departments defined in Bamboo should match the Workable sub-departments.
|Job top-level department
|The divisions defined in Bamboo should match the Workable top-level departments.
|The job titles defined in Bamboo should match the job titles in Workable.
|The locations defined in Bamboo should match the job locations in Workable.
Requisition Hiring Manager
|An employee record in Bamboo should exist with the same name as the Workable member name of the Requisition Hiring Manager.
Exporting candidates to BambooHR
Auto-export; In the Integrations section of your account, under Bamboo, there is an option to enable auto-export for hired candidates. When this switch is set to ON, any candidate who is moved to a Hired stage in your pipeline will automatically have their details sent to Bamboo.
Manual export; When the auto-export switch is set to OFF, you'll need to manually export candidates to Bamboo. A button will appear in the toolbar for candidates in the Hired stage. Click this button to send the candidate's details to Bamboo.
The candidate export can only be performed one time. Updates made in Workable after the export will not be synced. Instead, the candidate's details in Bamboo should be manually updated.
The candidates must have their personal email address entered on their Workable profile in order to be successfully exported.