Adding a comment
How comments can be used
- Links to online portfolios or social profiles
- Quotes from members outside the hiring team who’ve offered an external review of the candidate
- Comments added by the referrer when a referral is made
- Feedback from reference-checking or verification
- When the job mailbox is used to submit a resume; the text in the email will be added as a comment from the sender
- Interview availability and scheduling info
- Adding tags
You can attach a file to a comment by clicking the paperclip icon below the comment box.
The size limit for an individual file is 20MB. When a file has been attached, a Files tab will appear on the candidate's profile.
You may want to add files like:
- Cover letters
- Test sheets
- Evaluation forms
- Recorded phone screens
- Reference letters
- Offer letters
- Administrative paperwork
‘@mention’ a member of the hiring team with a request to complete a hiring task. Type the '@' symbol in the comment box and the names of all hiring team members will appear. Click to select by name or continue typing their name.
Add any extra details to the comment. The person who was mentioned will receive a notification in their Workable Inbox. If the mentioned user has enabled email notifications (under Your preferences) they will also receive an email. Users can reply directly to these emails to add their own comments without needing to log in to Workable.
Leaving a private comment
Depending on your needs you can either restrict the visibility of comments manually or set a Confidential zone for specific stages of your pipeline. The visibility of comments works per user type and not per specific member of the hiring team.
👉 Learn more about restricting comment/email visibility.