A data import or migration isn’t necessary for everyone. If you would just like to upload multiple resumes then the bulk upload feature is the quickest option.
However, if you have candidate data in a spreadsheet you can use either a Data Import (quick and easy) or a Data Migration (takes a bit longer, but has more flexibility).
Comparing import options
|Data to import||Best for||How to|
|Bulk resume upload||You have a folder of individual resume files on your desktop which you need to get into Workable||Use the bulk upload to add up to 100 resume files at a time|
|Data in spreadsheet||
You have candidate data, but no resumes. Candidate data could include name, contact details, internal comments on candidates, cover letters, the site that the candidate applied from, etc.
Use the Data Import option outlined below or Transfer by Zapier
|Data & resumes from previous ATS||You have both candidate data and resumes or you have a data export from another ATS||
Use the Data Migration option outlined below
Unique situations that do not fit in the above categories
|Contact your Account Manager or onboarding specialist|
One time Data Imports are available for free to:
- Monthly accounts, up to 1,000 candidates
- Annual accounts, up to 40,000 candidates per job (if more they will be distributed to more than one jobs and the ETA will be adjusted accordingly)
Additional Data Imports or imports with more than the specified number of candidates will have a cost associated with them.
Candidate data must be formatted according to the template below. If you’re not sure how to format your data to match these files or you need advice, contact us and we’ll get back to you with details on what to do next.
How to use the templates for a Data Import:
- Download the template which corresponds to the format in which your data is currently held.
Note: changing the document type can cause formatting issues.
- Every version of the template has clear instructions explaining the meaning of each column.
- Either copy and paste your data into a template or edit your own Excel, CSV or Google Sheet file to match the column headings in the template.
When your file is complete, contact our support team or your account manager to send in the data.
Templates & Guidance
- Workable Import Template (Excel)
- Workable Import Template (CSV)
- Workable Import Template Google Sheets (You need to be logged in to Google to ‘Make a copy’)
If you are migrating from one of the following tools to Workable we support a one-time migration for free with the Premier plan.
- Google Hire
For other tools or extra migrations, reach out to your account manager or onboarding specialist for more details or contact us with the details of the data you would like to migrate. We will do our best to accommodate your request!