A data import or migration isn’t necessary for everyone. If you would just like to upload multiple resumes then the bulk upload feature is the quickest option. But if you have candidate data in a spreadsheet you can use either our Standard Import (quick and easy) or our Custom Import Service (takes a bit longer but has more flexibility). To save time, double check which is the right option for you:
- You have a folder of resumes on your desktop which you need to get into Workable
If you’ve started using Workable and would just like to upload multiple resumes then the bulk upload feature is the quickest option. Workable can automatically parse certain resume info like name, email, and phone number. Candidate profiles will be created right away when you upload resumes.
- You’ve got a spreadsheet with candidate data you need to get into Workable
If you have candidate data but no resumes you can use our Standard Import. Candidate data could include info like: internal comments on candidates, cover letters, the site or service that the candidate applied from, etc. Read on to find the details you need to start this quick import process.
- You have a spreadsheet of candidate data and a folder of corresponding resumes for these candidates
If you have data and resumes, you can still use our Standard Import. Read on to find the details you need to start this quick import process.
- You don’t fit into any of the above categories
No problem (we love a challenge). Contact us with the details and we’ll see how we can help.
Standard Imports are available for all Workable accounts. We can perform a one time import of up to 1,000 candidates using the template below for free. Additional Standard Imports, or imports with more than 1,000 candidates will have a cost associated with them.
In order to import or migrate your data using the Standard Import it must be in the format specified in the templates below. If you’re not sure how to format your data to match these files or you need advice, you can still send us your data using the form below and we’ll get back to you with details on what to do next.
How to use the templates for a Standard Import:
- Download the template which corresponds to the format in which your data is currently held. Note: changing the document type can cause formatting issues.
- Every version of the template has clear instructions explaining the meaning of each column.
- Either copy and paste your data into a template, or edit your own Excel, CSV or Google Sheet file to match the column headings in the template.
When your file is complete, contact our support team or your account manager to send in the data.
Templates & Guidance
- Workable Import Template (Excel)
- Workable Import Template (CSV)
- Workable Import Template Google Sheets (You need to be logged in to Google to ‘Make a copy’)
Contact us with the details of the data you would like to import.