A data import or migration isn’t necessary for everyone. If you would just like to upload multiple resumes then the bulk upload feature is the quickest option.
However, if you have candidate data in a spreadsheet you can use either a Data Import (quick and easy) or a Data Migration (takes a bit longer, but has more flexibility).
Comparing import options
To save time, double-check which is the right option for you:
- You have a folder of resumes on your desktop which you need to get into Workable
If you’ve started using Workable and would just like to upload multiple resumes then the bulk upload feature is the quickest option. Workable can automatically parse certain resume info like name, email, and phone number. Candidate profiles will be created right away when you upload resumes.
- You’ve got a spreadsheet with candidate data you need to get into Workable
If you have candidate data, but no resumes, then a Data Import is the best option. Candidate data could include info like internal comments on candidates, cover letters, the site or service that the candidate applied from, etc. Read on to find the details you need to start this quick import process.
- You have a spreadsheet of candidate data and a folder of corresponding resumes for these candidates
If you have data and resumes then a Data Migration is the best option. Read on to find the details you need to start this quick import process.
- You don’t fit into any of the above categories
No problem (we love a challenge). Contact us with the details and we’ll see how we can help.
One time Data Imports are available for free to:
- Monthly accounts, up to 1,000 candidates
- Annual accounts, up to 40,000 candidates per job
Additional Data Imports or imports with more than the specified number of candidates will have a cost associated with them.
Candidate data must be formatted according to the template below. If you’re not sure how to format your data to match these files or you need advice, contact us and we’ll get back to you with details on what to do next.
How to use the templates for a Data Import:
- Download the template which corresponds to the format in which your data is currently held. Note: changing the document type can cause formatting issues.
- Every version of the template has clear instructions explaining the meaning of each column.
- Either copy and paste your data into a template or edit your own Excel, CSV or Google Sheet file to match the column headings in the template.
When your file is complete, contact our support team or your account manager to send in the data.
Templates & Guidance
- Workable Import Template (Excel)
- Workable Import Template (CSV)
- Workable Import Template Google Sheets (You need to be logged in to Google to ‘Make a copy’)
Data Migrations are available for annual plans. If you are migrating from one of the following tools to Workable we support a one-time migration for free:
- Google Hire
For other tools or extra migrations , reach out to your account manager for more details or contact us with the details of the data you would like to migrate.