If your company uses Gmail or Google Apps, you can connect them to Workable to sync communication with candidates and events you schedule in Workable to your and your coworkers’ Google Calendar.
This means you’ll be able to track all candidate communication on the candidate profile, giving you a full record of events for reference.
Benefits of the Gmail/Google calendar integration
- Customize the subject line for all your emails
- CC your coworkers in emails to candidates (even if your coworker isn’t signed up to Workable)
- Reply to emails from candidates via your Gmail inbox. There’s no need to sign in to Workable; the conversation will still be synced into the candidate’s profile.
- Workable emails will be sent through your Gmail account, appearing under 'sent items' in your inbox
- Import all your existing communication into Workable:
- You can manually import conversations with candidates started in Gmail into the candidate’s profile so that all the information you need is gathered in one place. After importing the conversation once, new messages in the same conversation will be automatically imported.
- Check the availability of coworkers and rooms
- Include Google Meet links on events
- Invite Workable users who are not on the hiring team to events
- Add coworkers who are not Workable users to events
- Customize the event title
- After scheduling events in Workable, you can update them directly in Google Calendar and the changes will sync back to Workable
- Use self-scheduling
Setting up the integration
An administrator needs to complete the activation process one time for all users to have access to the feature.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Apps page
- Locate the ‘Email and calendar integration’ section and select 'G Suite'
- Turn the Gmail and Google calendar switches to ON
- Save the changes
Switching integrations from Microsoft 365 Outlook to Google? Check the guide here.
Connecting individuals' accounts
With the connection enabled, when a member of your account tries to email a candidate or schedule an event, they’ll be prompted to authenticate their own Google account for email and calendar. Click on ‘Connect’ and you’ll see your account name and a request for access.
Alternatively, you can authenticate your Google account directly by clicking the below links:
Note: If you receive an error and are not able to complete the connection, you may need to contact the administrator of your organization's Google account. Your Google administrator can control which apps (like Workable) are able to be integrated.
When adding attendees, you will have the option to invite 'external' guests. These could be co-workers outside of the hiring team but working in your company or people who do not work for the company at all. Just click 'Add attendee' and enter their email address (or names of coworkers on your Gmail account).
You will be able to view the availability of rooms and your co-workers. If someone already has something scheduled at that time, a 'Busy' will appear next to the user/room.
Workable is only able to verify schedules connected to your organization’s Google account. It cannot see the candidate’s personal calendar or calendars of email addresses from another service (e.g. @hotmail.com). In this case, the user will have a 'No calendar access' note next to their name.
To set up an event with the candidate via a Google Meet link, mark the box in the event modal. The candidate will receive a link to access the Google Meet call remotely.
To get a better view of attendees’ availability, click Open calendar at the top of the schedule details. You'll see a calendar view of coworkers and room availability. Hover over an event to see details or drag and drop the event to move it to another timeslot.
If you have a complicated event to arrange (possibly with multi-part interviews), you can select the “Day” viewing option in the upper left. This will show you the schedule of each person and room for that day.
Any changes you make will be reflected automatically on the original scheduling form. You can still review the details and make further adjustments before sending out the invitation.
To adjust the calendar layout further, click the cog to the upper right of the calendar view. Change the start day for the week, the working hours and whether or not weekends are shown.
Updating an event
When you finalize the event and schedule it, invitations will be sent as normal, and they will automatically appear in your coworkers’ calendars.
If necessary, the organizer of the event will be able to modify the event directly in their calendar. Updates to the title, date, time, and RSVPs will sync back to Workable.
Disabling the integration
To disable the integration for your entire account:
- Navigate to the Integrations> Apps section
- Flip both Google switches to OFF
- Save the changes, and Workable will revert to the basic email option
Note: If you have active events, the system will prevent you from disabling the integration. Contact us for further assistance.