Connect Workable and Slack to set up notifications from your Workable account to arrive directly in your Slack account. Workable app in Slack:
- Enables Workable users to receive notifications in Slack e.g. when someone is tagged to a comment or adds an evaluation for a candidate you are following etc.
- Helps your team move quickly throughout the hiring process via customized notifications in Slack. Your team can get notified in Slack about:
- New applicants
- Evaluations and comments
- Approval requests, and much more!
Setting up the integration with Slack
- A Workable account can only have one active Slack workspace, and a Slack workspace cannot be activated for multiple Workable accounts.
- An admin user in multiple Workable accounts can enable Slack only for one of them. A different admin user needs to set this up for the other account(s).
- When app approval is enabled, the Workspace owner should either add Workable to the pre-approved apps list or grant users the ability to request app installation.
A Workable admin must perform the following steps one time to enable the integration for the Slack workspace:
- In Workable, click your user icon in the upper right and navigate to Settings, then Integrations
- Locate the Integration with Slack section
- Click Add to Slack and sign in to your workspace (if not already signed in)
- You'll be prompted to allow all needed permissions
That's it! The option to enable Slack notifications will now be available under your notification preferences.
Using the integration with Slack
Slack notification preferences
Now it’s time to decide which notifications you're interested in receiving in your Slack account. To do so:
- Navigate to the Your Preferences section
- Tick/untick Slack notifications based on your needs. Your default Slack notifications will be determined by your Email notifications.
- Once ready, click Save changes
- Updating notification selections for users other than yourself is not possible as it is a personal preference.
- Your email address in Workable should match your email address in Slack to receive Slack notifications.
Slack notifications: what will they look like?
Information in notifications can vary depending on the type. For example, below is a Slack notification when a new candidate applies. Upon clicking on the candidate's name or the job title, users will be redirected to Workable for further actions.
Disabling the integration with Slack
A Workable admin can remove the integration entirely by clicking Disconnect in the Integration with Slack settings.
- Can I perform actions directly from Slack?
- This is not currently possible but it’s already planned for future releases (e.g. approve/reject requisitions & offers, reply to comments and/or text messages). Stay tuned!