Advanced Annual with Video Interviews
Include a video interview for select stages of your hiring pipeline.
- In the job editor, navigate to the Workflow tab. Select the stage of the pipeline where you want to include a video interview. The stage type must be a “Phone Screen” or “Interview”.
- Choose Video Interview as the evaluation method, select Workable and then create a new interview kit or import a kit from another job.
- Set a headline. Headlines are used as the subject line when the video interview is sent to a candidate and as the title of the landing page the candidate sees before starting the interview.
- Set a deadline. When the deadline passes the candidate will no longer be able to submit their interview. The video interview can be ‘resent’ to refresh the deadline.
- Write a short intro which the candidate will see on a landing page before starting the interview.
To add questions for the candidate to answer, click Create a new topic. Topics are groups of questions that the candidate will answer. Topics should be descriptive. This will help the candidate prepare and do their best. For example, one topic could be used for “Icebreaker” questions. Another for questions about the candidate’s resume (“About your background/work experience”). Another for questions about the candidate’s career goals (“Your career goals”).
The candidate will be asked to record a unique video response for every question. Organize topics and questions however you’d like; you can even keep any and all questions under one single topic.
For each question, specify:
- Think time; If set to 1 minute, the candidate will have 1 minute to read the question and collect their thoughts. The video recording will begin automatically after 1 minute.
- Time to answer; The candidate will see how much time they have and the recording will end automatically when the time expires (or if the candidate chooses to end early).
- Number of takes; The candidate will be able to choose their best response and submit only that response. If set to 3 takes, the candidate can record an answer up to 3 times and choose one of those 3 recordings to officially submit. Multiple takes are not allowed if there is a ‘think time’ restriction set.
Choose what candidates should see before they start their video interview: topics and questions; topics only; nothing. If you allow the candidate to see “topics and questions” they will only see questions for which there is unlimited think time.
Once you save your form and settings, an option to send the video interview will appear when viewing a candidate in the selected stage.