Create an interview
- In the job editor, navigate to the Workflow tab. Select the stage of the pipeline where you want to include a video interview. The stage type must be a “Phone Screen” or “Interview”.
- Choose Video Interview as the evaluation method, select Workable and then create a new interview, import interview from another job, or start with an AI-generated interview.
AI-generated interviews are a great option if you're just getting started with Video Interviews or are looking for extra inspiration. We'll select the best Welcome, Job-Specific, Culture Fit, and Closing questions based on your job and automatically add them to the interview. You'll still have a chance to review and edit if needed. Using our professionally-created questions saves you time and helps ensure a great candidate experience.
- Set a headline. Headlines are used as the subject line when the video interview is sent to a candidate and as the title of the landing page the candidate sees before starting the interview.
- Set a deadline. When the deadline passes the candidate will no longer be able to submit their interview. The deadline can be extended later, or ‘resent’ once the deadline has passed.
- Write a short intro which the candidate will see on a landing page before starting the interview.
Did you know?
You can embed your own welcome video for candidates to watch before they start their interview. Click the camera icon to include a video. You have the option to embed a YouTube link or upload the video file directly. Uploaded videos must by smaller than 1GB and in mp4 or webm format.
Organizing Topics & Questions
If you selected an AI-generated interview, topics and questions will be added for you. Otherwise, you can add your own questions or choose import questions from library to select other relevant questions from our database, which you can further customize if needed.
To add questions for the candidate to answer, click Create a new topic. Topics are groups of questions that the candidate will answer. Topics should be descriptive. This will help the candidate prepare and do their best. For example, one topic could be used for “Welcome” or icebreaker questions. Another for Job-specific questions about the candidate’s resume (“About your background/work experience”). Another for questions about the candidate’s career goals (“Your career goals”) or culture fit.
The candidate will be asked to record a unique video response for every question. Organize topics and questions however you’d like; you can even keep any and all questions under one single topic.
You have the option to record or upload your own video along with each question. The video could be a demonstration or present a scenario for the candidate to respond to. It could even simply be a person asking the question. When recording your own video, do multiple takes and choose the best one. Make sure you're in a quiet well-lit spot.
For each question, specify:
- Think time; If set to 1 minute, the candidate will have 1 minute to read the question and collect their thoughts. The video recording will begin automatically after 1 minute. If you include your own video with the question, the candidate will have the duration of the video, plus extra time you give them with this setting.
- Time to answer; The candidate will see how much time they have and the recording will end automatically when the time expires (or if the candidate chooses to end early).
- Number of takes; The candidate will be able to choose their best response and submit only that response. If set to 3 takes, the candidate can record an answer up to 3 times and choose one of those 3 recordings to officially submit. Multiple takes are not allowed if there is a ‘think time’ restriction set.
Finally, specify the question Visibility settings for the interview:
Choose what candidates should see before they start their video interview: topics and questions; topics only; nothing. If you allow the candidate to see “topics and questions” they will only see questions for which there is unlimited think time.
Preview and Save
Click Preview at the top of the page to see the video interview from the candidate's perspective and ensure your interview is set up as you expect.
Once you save your form and settings, an option to send the video interview will appear when viewing a candidate in the selected stage.