If your referrals portal users are using multiple email domains (e.g. two brands like @companyA.com, @companyB.com) or you migrated to a new domain, contact us to add the domain/s into the "allow" list for Referrals. This will enable users to auto-join the portal via the direct link without the need for a manual invitation.
Click on the user icon in the upper right of Workable and navigate to Settings, then Referrals to manage Referrals users.
From this page you can:
- Enable auto-join to access your referrals portal link
- Add and remove manually referral portal users
- Set the default notification frequency for new jobs
- See a list of everyone who has joined the portal
Users who join the portal may or may not have access to your main Workable account. Users must be added in the Account Members section of Workable to have access to your main Workable account. They can be added to both "Account Members" and "Referrals", or just one or the other. The invitations are mutually exclusive.
Add or remove referrals portal users
To allow anyone that signs up with a company email to access your referrals portal automatically, it's important to enable autojoin in your account. Then you can copy your referrals portal link and share it with your colleagues.
It will look like this: https://[subdomain].workable.com/referrals
Invited coworkers can go to that link any time to access the portal, or they can use the links in the email notifications they'll receive if invited manually.
To add users manually follow the below steps:
- Click Invite new members
- Enter email addresses for invitees in the field that appears, separating each address with either a space or comma
- You can invite users with any email domain (e.g. @gmail.com, @company2.com, etc.)
- Complete the process by clicking Add invitees and giving a final confirmation to send out invites
- Invitees will receive an email with a button they can click to join the Referrals portal
To remove a coworker from Referrals:
- Search for them in the list of Referrals users
- Hover over their entry
- Click Deactivate Workable referrals access
Deactivated users are still credited as the source for the candidate.
Set notification frequency
You have the option to set the default notification frequency for when users will receive emails about newly posted jobs. If you adjust this setting after users have joined, they will not be impacted unless you select "Never".
- Daily: Recommended if you recruit intermittently throughout the year.
- Weekly: Best if you tend to post several jobs in a short time period.
- Never: Use only if you have another method to notify coworkers about your referral program and new jobs. Selecting this option disables new job notifications for all portal users. Users will not be able to opt in to notifications themselves. This can significantly reduce the number of referrals you receive if you don't have another way to tell coworkers about new jobs.