If you are not yet in contact with a Workable SSO implementation specialist, contact us and check out our SSO Overview article before attempting any of the steps below.
1. Log in to your Okta account as an administrator.
2. Click on the Admin button, select Add Applications and then Create New App.
3. In the dialog that opens, select the “SAML 2.0” option, then click Create.
4. Enter the app name: “Workable” and click Next.
5. Fill out the SAML Settings form with the following information, replacing [subdomain] with your Workable subdomain. Your subdomain will be provided to you by your Workable implementation specialist via email.
- Single sign-on URL: https://www.workable.com/auth/saml/[subdomain]/callback
- Audience URI (SP Entity ID): https://www.workable.com
- Default RelayState: [non-applicable, you won’t need to enter anything here]
- Name ID format: EmailAddress
- Application Username: Email
- Name: email > Value: user.email
- Name: first_name > Value: user.firstName
- Name: last_name > Value: user.lastName
Once all the details have been entered, click Next.
6. Provide any relevant feedback to Okta and click Finish.
7. Click on View Setup Instructions.
On the panel that appears you’ll need to copy items 1 and 2, and download item 3 to send these details to your Workable implementation specialist. Send the following:
- Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL
- Identity Provider Issuer
- X.509 Certificate
We’ll finalize the setup process on our end and notify you when everything is live.
8. In your Okta account you’ll need to add the Workable app to users in order to give them access to Workable.