Apply Connect includes several features that make the application process easy for candidates and keep candidates updated on the status of their applications. The features included are:
- LinkedIn Apply (formerly Easy Apply): Candidates can quickly apply with their LinkedIn profile when on LinkedIn. The candidate's application will appear in Workable for review and follow-up.
- Applicant notifications (for Recruiter customers only): You can choose to have automatic notifications sent to the candidates via LinkedIn. LinkedIn will email candidates when their Workable profile is viewed, disqualified, or downloaded.
- LinkedIn widget in Workable with the candidate's enriched LinkedIn profile (for Recruiter customers only)
Setting up Apply Connect features
LinkedIn Apply (formerly Easy Apply)
The LinkedIn Apply settings can be found under Integrations > LinkedIn settings.
When LinkedIn Apply is enabled, it will be on for all future jobs by default. Likewise, if you disable LinkedIn Apply via the LinkedIn settings, it won't be enabled for future jobs but will remain active for any existing jobs.
🔒To enable Apply Connect you will need to have a full Recruiter account like: Recruiter Professional Services - RPS (for staffing firms) and Recruiter Corporate (for corporate companies). Not available for Recruiter Lite accounts.
- In Workable, navigate to Settings > Integrations
- Locate LinkedIn in the Job Boards section and click on it
- Click Manage Integrations under the 'Additional Integrations from LinkedIn' section
- Tick the Apply Package box
- Click Save changes to confirm integration activation.
If you've enabled 'Applicant notifications', LinkedIn will send emails when the following actions occur:
- The first time an action occurs on the candidate's profile in Workable, e.g. moving the candidate, commenting internally, etc.
Three days elapsed after the candidate's disqualification; below you can find an example of such a notification
The candidate's resume file has been downloaded from the resume viewer
Keep in mind that automated actions you've set up in Workable may result in candidates receiving duplicate emails. LinkedIn will send separate emails when candidates apply or get disqualified. If a 'disqualified' automation is set up, the email from LinkedIn will be sent at the same time the automation's email is sent.
The emails sent from LinkedIn Apply Connect cannot be customized. They can only be disabled or enabled entirely.
When viewing jobs on LinkedIn candidates will see a button to apply with their profile. They're asked to submit basic contact details and upload a resume file.
When enabling 'Applicant notifications', candidates who apply through this method will be notified by LinkedIn about updates that happen in Workable like when you view their profile, download their resume, or disqualify them. It is not possible to update or customize these notificationemails.
Example notification emails:
If a candidate has come in through Apply Connect, their Workable profile will be populated with any contact details and resume file submitted. You will also be able to see:
- A LinkedIn icon next to their source. Hover over the icon to see the LinkedIn highlights for this candidate
- A "LinkedIn Profile" section. This section contains a link to open the widget that contains the candidate's LinkedIn profile details. You must have your LinkedIn Recruiter account connected to Workable to see this information.
LinkedIn profile widget:
For more information, you may also check the related LinkedIn support article.