Automated email sync
If you are using our Gmail or Microsoft 365 Outlook integration, any reply to emails from candidates via your regular inbox will sync in Workable automatically. This feature saves you time by keeping all of your communication in one place.
Note: It needs ≈ 15 minutes for a conversation from your Inbox to get into Workable.
🔒In order for the automated email sync to work, the following requirements must be met:
- The conversation (thread) should have started in Workable. If you start a new thread through your Gmail or Outlook account, it won't be imported automatically into Workable. In this case, you will have to trigger the sync manually (explained in the below section). After doing it once, you don't have to do it again for this communication.
- The candidate should reply within the same email thread without changing the subject line.
- The candidate should reply from the same email address that they have in Workable.
- Emails need to be in your email inbox or a subfolder of your inbox. If the email is being stored or sent to another folder, it won't sync to the candidate’s profile.
To manually import communication with candidates started in your Gmail or Outlook inbox, follow these steps:
- Locate the candidate in Workable
- Navigate to the Communication > Messages tab
- At the bottom of the tab, click the link to import messages between you and the candidate. The conversation will be added to the candidate history in Workable, and any new messages in the same conversation will be automatically imported.
The below example shows how the button will look like if you are integrating with Gmail.